Re: [I-M223] re: M284 & Clan Histories

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2013
      Some of those clan chiefs are Flemish.   And some of the Flemish aristocratic families were related to each other.   Not I’ve memorized it – not currently relevant to my own research.

      Dora

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2013
        The Clan Donald Chiefs are not derived from Flemish ancestors, nor I believe any Chiefs or Chieftains in the west Highlands. The Flemish Noblity settled in the south and some branches did move north at a later time.

        Grant.