RE: [I-M223] Orcadians

  • Jeff Gibbon
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 26, 2013
      Yes I did as well 95% orcadian and 5 percent middle eastern

      Jeffery W. Gibbon

      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 27, 2013
        Good Morning I-M223 Group,

        This is my first time posting to your group.  I joined last summer at the recommendation of John Cates.  My brother George William Solomon tested in 2009, Y-DNA 37 marker test, kit 153407, results I2b1.  John told me that I2b1 is now I-M223 and that I should join this group.  My brother passed away in June 2011, and I must say that he had zero interest in genealogy.  I purchased a kit for him and flew across the country from California to Florida to get the sample.  My brother's closest match is Brian Degraaf, 34 of 37.  Brian's ancestors are from the Netherlands.  I joined I2b1 groups through Ancestry but have not kept up with my brother's results there or at FTDNA.

        In reading posts from this group, quite frankly, I do not understand much of the conversation.  Recent postings, however, have caught my attention.  I tested with both 23andMe (3+ years ago) and with FTDNA last summer.  I do, for the most part, understand my autosomal results.  My FTDNA Population Finder results show Europe - Orcadian 89.9% and Middle East 10.1%.  The Middle East shows Palastinian, Adygei, Bedouin, Bedouin South, Druze, Iranian, Jewish, and Mozabite.  Quite a mixture!!

        Glenda Solomon Meyer

        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 27, 2013
          Glenda,
          I also have a brother that I paid for 111 markers (FTDNA) and the Geno 2.0 test.  He was willing to take the tests, but not all that interested in the results.  Our paper trail ancestor, confirmed by DNA was also Dutch, came to the New World in 1660, New Castle, Delaware, and settled near Chester, PA  Have had no luck tracing in the Netherlands, as he was a "son of", the "sen" suffix to a given name.  I also don't understand half of what I read, but keep reading in hopes that a little will sink in.

          Cheri Hendrix Thompson