Re: My last message

  • lruddick
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2013

      What I found with an internet search.

      “The International HapMap Project.

      International HapMap Consortium.

      The goal of the International HapMap Project is to determine the common patterns of DNA sequence variation in the human genome and to make this information freely available in the public domain. An international consortium is developing a map of these patterns across the genome by determining the genotypes of one million or more sequence variants, their frequencies and the degree of association between them, in DNA samples from populations with ancestry from parts of Africa, Asia and Europe. The HapMap will allow the discovery of sequence variants that affect common disease, will facilitate development of diagnostic tools, and will enhance our ability to choose targets for therapeutic intervention.”

      Lewis M. Ruddick