Re: Haplogroup

  • lruddick
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 14, 2013

      Wayne:

      I’ve gone back and re-examined Ken’s chart.  It appears that your Roots Group 2a - R9-14/446=9, 531=11, 456=14 string equals Roots-914.   If I’m reading it correctly am I in Roots-914?  If so, that begs the question why are we not indicated as Roots-914 rather than that impossible to understand code line of 1.2.1.2.1 et al?

      Sorry to be so dull,

      Lewis M. Ruddick

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 14, 2013
        Hello Lewis

        On Ken's chart, all the Roots 2a groups except 2a1 from the Project page are shown as Roots 914. Roots 2a1 (R9-14b) is the L1230 line coming off 914. Remember I said your clade was R9-14. This is Ken's 914 line.

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 14, 2013
          Lewis,

          Glad you worked it out. Unfortunately not everyone in the whole project fits neatly into the clades on Ken's charts. Therefore they do not have clade identifications like your Roots 914.