SNPs

  • joaobraz_2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 26, 2013
      Hello All,

      My SNP test came back today and it shows that I am L1198+, which according to ISOGG makes me part of I2a2a3a2a family :)

      And I see I've already been placed in Cont1 group (which looks to be the Spearin family group).

      Still waiting for my 67-111 markers.

      Wayne and Aaron, should I test for Z185 or Z190? I don't see where Z185 is placed on the ISOGG tree. And why not Z79, which is down from Z190? Too bad the price for SNP testing just went up ...

      Thanks!
      JOAO
      kit 260237
    • sallfertorr
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 27, 2013
        Hello, João

        You should start with Z190. We're still trying to separate Z185 from L1198.

        --- In I-M223@yahoogroups.com, "joaobraz_2000" wrote:

        > Hello All,
        >
        > My SNP test came back today and it shows that I am L1198+, which according to ISOGG makes me part of I2a2a3a2a family :)
        >
        > And I see I've already been placed in Cont1 group (which looks to be the Spearin family group).
        >
        > Still waiting for my 67-111 markers.
        >
        > Wayne and Aaron, should I test for Z185 or Z190? I don't see where Z185 is placed on the ISOGG tree. And why not Z79, which is down from Z190? Too bad the price for SNP testing just went up ...
        >
        > Thanks!
        > JOAO
        > kit 260237

      • joaobraz_2000
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 16, 2013
          Hello Aaron and Wayne,

          My SNP test came back and I'm L1198+ and Z190-

          That makes me I2a2a3a2a* . Should I test for Z185? Where does it fit in the cont1 group?

          JOAO
          kit 260237