Re: Geno 2.0 results

  • manth43470@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 13, 2013
      Jim,

      I have emailed you my Geno 2.0 file.  Why don't I see you in my Y-DNA Matches?

      Mike Anthony
      Kit #18187
      I-M223, CTS6433* (Cont2a)
      U5a1b1a (Grp3)
      Orcadian 100% +/- 0.01 %
    • cstarks294
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 16, 2013
        Hello,
        I have 1.6% Neanderthal and 2.7% Denisovan, the remainder of my ancestry is basic European (43% Northern European, 36% Mediterranean, and 17% Southwest Asian). Not sure what it means or how it compares with the majority of those tested, but it goes a long way explaining why I can't buy long sleeve shirts off the shelf, but must buy size large with 36 or 37" sleeves (standard seems to be 32 to 34"). I do have an occipital bump. I also had a tree-house as a kid.
        If anyone would like to view my complete Geno 2.0 results, I would be happy to share my ID, and login at National Geographic (in order to get some idea of what the results show, and the format for the information obtained).

        Chuck Starks
      • Cheri Thompson
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 16, 2013
          My brother (and I) are:

          Northern European: 44%, Mediterranean 37%, SW Asian 18%, 1.7 Neanderthal, 0.6 Denisovian

          Northern European (explained by Geno 2.0)

          This component of your ancestry is found at highest frequency in northern European populations—people from the UK, Denmark, Finland, Russia and Germany in our reference populations. While not limited to these groups, it is found at lower frequencies throughout the rest of Europe. This component is likely the signal of the earliest hunter-gatherer inhabitants of Europe, who were the last to make the transition to agriculture as it moved in from the Middle East during the Neolithic period around 8,000 years ago.

           *Our family has a paper trail for our most distant direct patrilineal ancestor (Our I M-223 guy) going back the Netherlands in  the1600's.  The German part may explain this? Of course, looking back 6 generations on both sides of one's family would certainly muddy the waters.  I believe that is what the Geno 2.0 did??? I have never really understood that bit.

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 17, 2013
            Hello all,

            my results of the GENO 2.0 test are as follows:
            2,6% Neanderthal
            1,9% Denisovan

            No occipital bumps detected, neither by National Geographic nor by myself.
            44% Northern European
            36% Mediterranean
            17% Southern Asian
            2% Native American

            Especially the last 2% keeps me wondering about the fact where my ancestors have been wandering.

            best regards,
            Robert
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 17, 2013
              Robert,

              Perhaps mixing with some Bigfoot. :-)

              Trust me to read those messages on another list. Wayne

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 17, 2013
                LOL.    What probably happened is you don’t have all your lines traced back to where they came to the United States and Canada.

                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 17, 2013

                  Your Viking ancestor brought back a wife from the new world on any number of voyages no one knows about. Hence the 2% Native american

                  Jeffery W. Gibbon

                  206-819-9219