Re: [I-M223] Happy New Year

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2013
      Many thanks Chuck and others for your New Year wishes.

      Chuck and other Roots sector members may be interested to know that another Roots sector member (currently Roots ungrouped), Chris Roche has a Geno 2.0 difference to you on three SNPs - PF4799, PF5425 and Z503. For I-M223 members, all should be ancestral for these three SNPs, in other words they have A ancestral instead of G derived for PF4799, G ancestral instead of C derived for PF5425 and G ancestral instead of T derived for Z503. You and other I-M223 Geno 2.0 testers are all ancestral except for Roche who has "no calls" for these three SNPs. These three SNPs could prove interesting in further defining/dividing Roots as sometimes 'no calls" can be quite significant. All three are not currently available on FTDNA for ordering and should they become available through members' requests, a no call has in the past been reported as negative so any tests for them would have to be followed up with a request for clarification on if it is a no call or negative. It is early days yet.

      Happy New Year from Australia

      Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2013 12:51 PM
      Subject: [I-M223] Happy New Year
      Happy New Year to all, and thanks Aaron and crew for the great effort expended managing this process of discovery we are all embarked on.
      Chuck
    • hstyri
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2013
        The new year has a good start. Looking at the FTDNA web site it looks like the sale has been extended a few days. Currently the end of sales is January 3rd.

        Regards,
        H. Styri