William of Orange

  • lruddick
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2012

      I just noted with a smile Ken Nordtvedt’s fund donation in the name of William of Orange.

      I just learned a couple of weeks ago that my fifth great grandfather William Ruddock was from The Diamond, formerly Ruddock’s Grange, Granger Lower, O’Neilland West, Co. Armagh, Ireland. Now I’m on a search to try to identify his parents and his birth location as it appears that the Ruddocks moved there from some location further south in Ireland.  So far I have identified Co. Carlow near Carlow city as a probable location.

      For those of you who wonder if you have spent your yDNA dollars wisely I got to this point through yDNA matches which lead me to this location in Ireland.  This was after waiting for about two years for a match of any sort.  Now I have a dozen at y67 with the most distant +/- 2 with two perfect matches.

      Lewis M. Ruddick