Upgrade to 111 markers

  • Cheri Thompson
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 30, 2012
      FYI:
       Upgrade to Kit # 71560 (Hendrix) was ordered today.
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 30, 2012
        Greetings all,

        With the FTDNA Holiday sale set to end at midnight on 31st December Houston time if you are going to upgrade your STR markers to 37, 67 or 111, you better log on soon and upgrade or pay full price for the forseeable future.

        It has been great to see that some members have taken advantage of the holiday sale to upgrade their STR markers, order Y-DNA and mtDNA tests or family finder. Many already have results back or will do during January and February. I personally upgraded four accounts to 111 markers and ordered two new 37 marker kits. That is quite an expense but also a very big saving.

        If you only have 12 or 25 STR markers, these may not be enough to correctly classify your grouping or clade under I-M223 unless you have carried out SNP tests or have a relative with more markers. And there are many sitting on 12 and 25 markers especially in the ungrouped. Times are tough and may get worse, but what better to order now at sale price. We all started this DNA journey because we wanted to find out about ourself, our family lines and origins or lost families. We are moving into exciting times in DNA genealogy with new discoveries and more to come.

        I look forward to continuing this journey with you in 2013. I hope everyone and their families have a very happy and safe New Year.

        Wayne Roberts
        Co-administrator
      • Bruno Toxwenius
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 30, 2012
          Hi Wayne

          Thanks for the new year wishes, the same to you.

          Bruno Andersen Toxwenius

          2012/12/30 Wayne Roberts <wayne_r_roberts@...>

[...]

        • Doug Klein
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 31, 2012
            Perry group 15 upgraded two to 111 and ordered two new 37 marker kits.

            Best in research for 2013

            Doug Klein
            Kit 201343
          • manth43470@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 31, 2012
              Greeting Wayne,

              Thanks for all your good work.  Our group has made much progress over the last year.  I look forward to what we may find in 2013.  Also, I noticed that the Viking/Germanic project group is recommending Geno 2.0 for its ungrouped members.  If Geno 2.0 had been available a year ago, I would have spent about one-sixth of what I spent, and I would have arrived at the about same results.

              Happy New Year,

              G. Michael "Mike" Anthony
              Kit #18187, Cont2a
            • Cheri Thompson
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 3, 2013

                James Hendrix ( Kit #71560)  results on Geno 2.0 kit are now at 80%.  Ordered it around the first of Nov.  Anyone had experience about how much longer till results should be finalized?
              • rob919ert
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 3, 2013
                  My samples were received (stage 1)at 31 Oct. 2012
                  Stage 3 (DNA analysis) started 21 Nov. 2012
                  Stage 3 again started on 17 Dec. 2012 (funny)
                  Stage 4 (quality control) started on 18 Dec. 2012.
                  Since then I have been waiting for my final results.

                  regards,
                  Robert

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 4, 2013
                    Just so you all know, there are multiple reports on the DNA Newbies list signs that a plate got turned around at the lab.   For instance, someone who is really haplogroup E told they’re R1b1a2.  CeCe is tracking it.

                    I think maybe some of these newbies don’t know how to call Family Tree DNA and get put through to someone with both the knowledge and the authority to get it checked.

                    Dora

                  • rob919ert
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 4, 2013
                      Yesterday, January 4, 2012 I finally noticed that my GENO 2.0 results were available on the NG-website.
                      I discovered this accidentally and until now I did not receive any message from National Geographic.

                      best regards,
                      Robert