Transfering Geno 2.0 results to FT DNA

  • sallfertorr
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2012
      Hello, all

      I know some of you have been having problems transferring your Geno 2.0 results to FT DNA. Others have been successful at it.

      It is much more constructive for me to be have the shorter list of the SNP's you are positive for - the raw files are extremely long, which makes comparison difficult.

      Here's how a customer got his results transferred:

      "From: Larry Vick <jameslvick@...>
      Subject: Re: [DNA] Geno 2.0 Y-SNP transfers to FTDNA--what you get
      To: "genealogy-dna@..."

      The transfer finally worked for me. I had to go through the Geno transfer process as if I was placing an order with FTDNA from the Geno site. When I got to the end the price was zero. ?Below is what is now on my FTDNA haplotree page (including SNPs I had tested at FTDNA including some that were negative). (...)"

      Please find a more detailed explanation on the transfer here: http://www.yourgeneticgenealogist.com/2012/12/my-geno-20-results-step-by-step.html

      The complete list of SNP's will be available on our Project SNP Results page once a successful transfer has been made.

      Looking forward to finding some useful SNP's.