Geno 2.0 Results Received

  • Rand
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 10, 2012
      My Geno 2.0 results were posted this morning. They have me classified as I-Z183. At FTDNA (78983) in our M-223 project I am in the Cont2a group very close to the Cont2a modal.

      I attempted to share my Geno 2.0 results with FTDNA by going to Settings > Profile > Expert Options. I entered my Geno 2.0 Id and my FTDNA Id, but got an error message saying the latter was a different Haplogroup and the results could not be added. I have written to FTDNA for instructions on what to do next.

      I downloaded a csv file of my Geno 2.0 results, which included more than 154,000 rows. There were about 550 positive SNPs included.
    • lembregts
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 10, 2012

      • manth43470@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 11, 2012
          I too am I-Z183 and Cont2a, and I couldn't transfer my information to FTDNA either.

          Also, their Ysearch upload isn't working either:
          "Hello, Yes, this is actually an ongoing problem with the GEDCOM upload feature for Y-Search and Mitosearch, so you will not be able to upload the files to those sites at this time. Unfortunately, I do not have a time frame on when this will be resolved. I apologize for the inconvenience.
          "Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need additional assistance. Have a great day.  Ashley Coursey, Family Tree DNA"

          G. Michael "Mike" Anthony
          Kit #18187
        • Bobby Carpenter
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 11, 2012
            I too am Z183 and Cont1C.   How many other M223 people have results of Z183 from Geno 2.0?

            Bob Carpenter
            Kit # 6060

            On 12/11/2012 10:24 AM, manth43470@... wrote:

            I too am I-Z183 and Cont2a, and I couldn't transfer my information to FTDNA either.

            Also, their Ysearch upload isn't working either:
            "Hello, Yes, this is actually an ongoing problem with the GEDCOM upload feature for Y-Search and Mitosearch, so you will not be able to upload the files to those sites at this time. Unfortunately, I do not have a time frame on when this will be resolved. I apologize for the inconvenience.
            "Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need additional assistance. Have a great day.  Ashley Coursey, Family Tree DNA"

            G. Michael "Mike" Anthony
            Kit #18187

          • sallfertorr
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 11, 2012
              Mike and Bob,

              Could you please email your raw files to me? I'd like to compare them.