Re: SNP's relevant to Cont2a and Cont2b: Z166

  • sallfertorr
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 7, 2012
      Hello, all

      SNP's ZS5, ZS30, ZS31 and Z166 are now available on the FT DNA catalog.

      I encourage Cont2a and Cont2b members to experiment with these SNP's.

      Z166 is close to Z76 on the I-M223 tree, downstream from Z76 - the exact position of Z166 has yet to be established. Only further tests will allow us to do so properly. I hope Z166 will be useful in breaking down the large Z76* group.

      --- In I-M223@yahoogroups.com, "neville.colfer" <neville.colfer@...> wrote:

      > Hi Aaron
      > As a cont 2b I have ordered ZS30 and ZS31. Or at least it looks like the order went through but maybe not the payment. I expect they will chase me if there is a problem.
      >
      > --- In I-M223@yahoogroups.com, "sallfertorr" <sallfertorr@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello, all
      > >
      > > New SNP's from the ZS series have been added to the FT DNA catalog:
      > >
      > > ZS5 (individual 1 - 1,000 Genome Project)
      > > ZS30 and ZS31 (individual 2 - 1,000 Genome Project)
      > >
      > > As you know, the 1,000 Genome Project offers no haplotypes, so we cannot tell whether the tested individuals belong to Cont2a or to Cont2b. Testing is needed if we are to make use of these SNP's on our tree.
      > >
      > > To order the recommended SNP's, follow these steps:
      > > 1- Log into your FT DNA account
      > > 2- Click on "Order an upgrade" (upper right corner)
      > > 3- Click on "Order advanced tests" (note: not "Order advanced SNP tests")
      > > 4- Select SNP in the dropdown menu
      > > 5- Type the SNP name in the box
      > > 6- Add to your basket, place your order
      > >

      > > Thanks,
      > > Aaron Torres

    • lembregts
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 7, 2012
        --- In I-M223@yahoogroups.com, "sallfertorr" <sallfertorr@...> wrote:
        Aaron,

        I have ordered Z166

        Leo 235511

      • manth43470@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 8, 2012
          Aaron,

          I have ordered Z166

          G. Michael "Mike" Anthony
          Kit #18187, Cont2a
        • neville.colfer
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 9, 2012
            Aaron
            I have ordered Z166
            Neville Colfer kit 7117, Cont 2b

            --- In I-M223@yahoogroups.com, manth43470@... wrote:

            > Aaron,
            >
            > I have ordered Z166
            >
            > G. Michael "Mike" Anthony
            > Kit #18187, Cont2a

          • sallfertorr
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 9, 2012
              Thanks, Leo!

              Here's hoping this will be a useful one.

              Aaron Torres