Possible Irish clade in Isles-Scots

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2012
      Ken Nordtvedt wrote in the Y-DNA Haplogroup I list on Rootsweb:

      " M284+ L126+ Isles-Scot is the quite young clade found predominately in Scotland. But many Irish haplotypes exist in it as well.
      I found a very young clade overwhelmingly Irish. It is identified by the combination 458 = 17, 447 = 25, 449 = 28.
      Ordinarily such fast mutating identifiers would not be capable of identifying a clade. But for very young clades with less time to accumulate mutations, they suffice.
      Isles-Irish1 clade shows a tmrca of 750 years.

      This clade has no haplotype extensions to 111 markers yet. There could be more identifying STR values in the 68-111 set of markers. "

      Now Ken has access to a lot more Y-DNA results that I do or Aaron does but I have had a look through our Isles Scots on I-M223 Project for members matching the proposed Isles Irish identifiers 17-25-28 and come up with:

      Arvin H1216
      MacWhirter 15864
      Coulls 37913
      Comisky 129751
      Dello U2819
      Meginnis 84216
      McGuinness 53925
      McManus 63402
      Holland 53016
      McGinnis 106782
      Hammack 116184
      O'Neill N64544

      There could be others that vary slightly such as 17-24-28, 17-25-29, 18-25-28, 16-25-28, etc. It may be an area open for further investigation. An identifying SNP may turn up through Geno 2.0 or a WTY. Variants of McGinnis/McGuinness certainly turn up in this.