New M223 SNP's now available on FT DNA

  • Aaron Salles Torres
    Message 1 of 2 , May 11 10:32 AM
      Hello, all

      The new M223 SNP's discovered in the "Walk Through the Y" program are now available on the FT DNA website for purchase:

      L1226 - recommended to I2b1 - XX members (a volunteer from Cont3a would be appreciated also)
      L1227, L1228 - recommended to I2b1 - X members
      L1229, L1230 - recommended to Roots members

      Reminding everyone that the following WTY SNP's are also available:

      L1201 - recommended to Cont2b
      L1198 - recommended to Cont1
      L1193, L1194, L1195 - recommended to Isles English members

      To order the recommended SNP's ($29 each), follow these steps:
      1- Log into your FT DNA account
      2- Click on "Order an upgrade" (upper right corner)
      3- Click on "Order advanced tests" (note: not "Order advanced SNP tests")
      4- Select SNP in the dropdown menu
      5- Type the SNP name in the box
      6- Add to your basket, place your order

      To order DYS 533 ($7.20), follow these steps:
      1- Log into your FT DNA account
      2- Click on "Order an upgrade" (upper right corner)
      3- Click on "Order advanced tests" (note: not "Order advanced SNP tests")
      4- Select Y-STR in the dropdown menu
      5- Type 533 in the box
      6- Add to your basket, place your order

      Best regards,
      Aaron Torres
      I2b1/M223 Project Administrator
    • Tony Norris
      Message 2 of 2 , May 11 10:41 AM
        Although it is minimal cost as a stand alone, I think it should be noted that DYS533 is included as part of FTDNA's Y-111 for those possibly interested in upgrading in the future.