3857Update March 7th

    Mar 7, 2014
      Hello all,

      I have finished (I hope) updating the Continental 1 (2to1, 1-X, 1, 1b, 1c, 1d, 1e, 1f), Continental 2 (2, 2-X, 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d) and Continental 3 (3, 3a, 3b, 3c) Sectors and sub-groups. If you were in one of these sectors, it might pay to have a look to see if you have moved. I found a number of inconsistencies, family members in different groups, SNP results that did not match listing and there are new subgroups in preparation for Big Y based on current known SNPs. I hope to finish the Isles sector soon.

      I would like to thank all those Project members that tested or gave permission to test various SNPs or upgrade markers. We now know a number of SNP positions in Cont1 ( Z171 --> Z185 --> Z180 --> L1198 --> Z166 ). It is hoped we will resolve the positions of Z78 and Z171 or show they are phyloequivalent in the near future.

      The Chromo2 data will also lead to further branches now that the position on the Y chromosome of each S series SNP has been released by Dr. Wilson of BritainsDNA. Comparisons of derived SNPs will now be possible between Geno 2.0, Big Y, Chromo2 and Full Genomes. We only have two Big Y test results to date for Hepworth and Talley, both from Cont2a, both L141+ but Hepworth also being L147.1+ and ZS20+ (and S4904/ZS21+ from Chromo2). It is hoped more Big Y results will be released at the end of each week through to March 28th for the orders placed Nov-Dec.
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic