    From: William K Worsham <worshamw@...>
    To: "I-M223@yahoogroups.com" <I-M223@yahoogroups.com>
    Sent: Wednesday, March 5, 2014 4:19 PM
    Subject: Re: [I-M223] Just out of curiosity [1 Attachment]

    image.jpeg
    Sent from my iPhone

    On Mar 5, 2014, at 3:41 PM, "Cliff. Johnston" <texasfalconer@...> wrote:

    Has anyone in our I-M223 group done the 23AndMe test?

    Today I was asked to take a look at the 23AndMe test results for someone and give them my interpretation.  As the person was of the R haplogroup it didn't mean much to me personally, although I may have been able to help him out a wee bit.  What caught my interest though was the % of Neanderthal in his background and the statement by Ancestry that the average European, R-haplogroup person has 2.7% Neanderthal in his genetic make-up.

    Has anyone here seen a number for those of us with the I-M223 lineage?  i.e.:  what % is Neanderthal, if any?

    We have a member waiting for his BigY test results [along with hundreds of others ;-) ], and there are several Johns(t)ons awaiting their Y-DNA test results.  So far the Y-DNA test results that have come back this year are mostly R-haplogroup - no help at all :-(

    Thanks and good hunting,

    Cliff.

  • Show all 10 messages in this topic