      From: "Family Tree DNA" <noreply@...>
      To: <wayne_r_roberts@...>
      Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2014 4:16 PM
      Subject: Big Y - Our Sincere Apology

      Dear Valued Customer,

      Yesterday, February 27th, we began releasing results for the Big Y orders.
      We have received some incredibly positive feedback and this is much
      appreciated.

      We are also hearing the frustrations from those who have not yet received
      their results, and we would like to address the matter publicly in the form
      of a sincere apology. The entire FTDNA team has been working very hard over
      the last few months with high determination and many late nights. Launching
      a new product is always a challenge with many moving parts, some more
      predictable than others. Unfortunately we ran into some surprises beyond our
      control when one of our suppliers ran out of certain reagents we needed for
      running the Big Y product. However we recognize that it is our
      responsibility and duty to meet our deadlines and keep our customers
      informed when problems arise.

      With the Big Y launch, we failed to properly manage the expectations of our
      customers. This was an honest oversight, in which we internally had a target
      to release first results in February, but we didn’t pay close attention to
      the dates being communicated on the status pages for those orders. Big Y was
      a new product and the status entries were updated automatically. We should
      have manually adjusted these dates earlier on as needed. So while we were
      thrilled to release the first results in February, we failed to realize that
      everyone expected results this week. I personally take responsibility for
      this miscommunication and mishap with the website delivery dates and hope
      you accept my sincere apologies.

      I am well aware that as a company we have a bit of a history in missing
      deadlines. A big contributor to that is that we have typically been very
      ambitious in taking on difficult projects while still wanting to deliver
      information quickly to customers. The Big Y product is a great example. It
      was a cutting-edge project that pushed us deep into next-generation
      sequencing and advanced data analysis. Our ambitious, risk-taking attitude
      has won many of you over and delivered incredible thought leadership and
      leading products over the years. Unfortunately, our poor estimates and
      turnaround time expectations have frustrated many of you along the way as
      well. We are committed to continuing to be the company that is willing to
      push the envelope and take risks to bring you the best in genetic genealogy,
      but moving forward we will strive to be more careful in setting accurate
      time expectations.

      Again, we are sincerely sorry for any frustration we caused with the delays
      and miscommunication of turnaround time. We are very proud of our
      achievements with the Big Y and feel confident about the high quality
      product we are delivering! We hope you will let the wonderful product we
      produced make up for delays that were needed to refine it! We have updated
      expected results dates on customer pages and will work around the clock to
      beat them.

      Regards,
      Nir Leibovich
      Chief Business Officer