    Nov 9, 2013
      Any advice on who should be ordering this test?

      Dave

      On Sat, Nov 9, 2013 at 8:03 PM, <PDR48X2Z22L@...> wrote:

      Wayne,

      Ray (# 99860) CTS6433+  has ordered the Big Y DNA Test.

      Recall, he tested Z2198+ and PF3292- (the Winter branch on Kenneth's tree).  Hopefully, this will help move the group further along.  Fingers crossed.

      Denise

      -----Original Message-----
      From: DNAresults <brewerdna@...>
      To: I-M223 <I-M223@yahoogroups.com>
      Cc: Chris Chester <ccbnf1404@...>; T.J. White <tjwhite1963@...>
      Sent: Sat, Nov 9, 2013 8:32 pm
      Subject: Re: [I-M223] Big Y DNA Test offer by FTDNA

      Wayne, et al ,
      I just ordered the big Y from FTDNA. I am kit 44994 and I- M223 with terminal SNP P78+, so we'll see how that breaks down with this new chip. I'll keep you updated with any significant results for I-M223.
      Richard Brewer
      Brewer surname project administrator

      On Saturday, November 9, 2013, Wayne Roberts wrote:

      Cliff,

      I have no idea. I am in Australia. The FTDNA Project administrators conference or what ever is on in Houston this weekend. I assume these things are being announced and discussed there.

      Please see Debbie Kennett's post for details. She has done a nice job.
      http://cruwys.blogspot.com/2013/11/the-new-big-y-test-from-family-tree-dna.html

      From her post it seems FTDNA will offer all past WTY customers a further $50 off voucher.

      Sent: Sunday, November 10, 2013 10:13 AM

      In our Johnston/e group Christopher Johnston did the WTY this summer.  Is the BIG Y DNA Test going to use any new primers discovered since then or is it going to be a rehash at lower prices just to draw in new customers???