3598Re: [I-M223] Big Y DNA Test offer by FTDNA
- Nov 9, 2013Does it happen to describe what the test IS? I’m not even going to bother going to my brother’s page, if all it offers is a price!I specifically want to know if it is your basic Y chromosome sequence, or reasonable version thereof.DoraToday I noticed a link appear on our FTDNA account pages that directs you to the following announcement offer.
BIG Y DNA Test
Next Gen Y Sequencing
Presale order today and get a $200 discount!Explore.Most Y SNPs Available
Discover.New SNPs Unique to You
- Nearly 25,000 known SNPs, placing you deep on the haplotree.
- 10 Million base-pair coverage - more than any other Y-DNA test on the market.
Contribute.Advanced Genetic Anthropology
- Find SNPs that may be completely unique to you.
- Explore your deep paternal ancestry.
This is good news for those members apparently stuck at a dead end SNP and sick and tired of testing others that just come back negative because your downstream SNPs are not on offer at FTDNA or not discovered yet. It is bad news for those of us that did FTDNA's Walk Though the Y test in the last 12 months for almost US$1,000 and nothing new was discovered that was relevant. This Big Y DNA Test is the WTY test replacement. If you can afford the almost $500 it may well be worth your while. Perhaps large family groups could pool to have one family member tested.
- Help the community uncover new, undiscovered SNPs.
- Use your newly discovered SNPs to helpgrow the haplotree.
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>