3597Big Y DNA Test offer by FTDNA

    Nov 9, 2013
      Today I noticed a link appear on our FTDNA account pages that directs you to the following announcement offer.

      BIG Y DNA Test

      Next Gen Y Sequencing

      Presale order today and get a $200 discount!

      Most Y SNPs Available
      • Nearly 25,000 known SNPs, placing you deep on the haplotree.
      • 10 Million base-pair coverage - more than any other Y-DNA test on the market.
      New SNPs Unique to You
      • Find SNPs that may be completely unique to you.
      • Explore your deep paternal ancestry.
      Advanced Genetic Anthropology
      • Help the community uncover new, undiscovered SNPs.
      • Use your newly discovered SNPs to helpgrow the haplotree.

      This is good news for those members apparently stuck at a dead end SNP and sick and tired of testing others that just come back negative because your downstream SNPs are not on offer at FTDNA or not discovered yet. It is bad news for those of us that did FTDNA's Walk Though the Y test in the last 12 months for almost US$1,000 and nothing new was discovered that was relevant. This Big Y DNA Test is the WTY test replacement. If you can afford the almost $500 it may well be worth your while. Perhaps large family groups could pool to have one family member tested.
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic