3543Re: Re: [I-M223] I-M223 tools

    Oct 22, 2013

      Scott, it is about full sequence of the Y so everybody will have some common SNPs from Haplogroup AO down to their own Haplogroup but where people differ is in the novel SNPs found that may define new branches and in the Private SNPs that define specific paternal lines, families and individuals. I read the highest number of Private SNPs found so far for someone is 250.

      With only two people from Haplogroup I-M223 that I am aware of undertaking Full Genome sequencing, there is a lot of scope left for new discoveries particularly in M223+/CTS616-, L1228+, L1229+/Z2054-, Z161+/L801-, CTS6433+/Z78+, CTS1977+, M284+/L1193+, M284+/L126+, L701+/P78+, L701+/L703+, etc. subgroups.

      Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 10:37 AM
      Subject: RE: Re: [I-M223] I-M223 tools

      Wayne, It sounds like the whole thing is still very new and you’re monitoring FullGenome’s Facebook page for the M223 Project and there may be no need for any project members to do the FullGenome’s test if the information is being publicly disseminated, but please confirm?  I’m curious how FullGenomes intends to make money after the information for enough people becomes publicly disseminated, which people could use to get the same knowledge, but by paying for a fraction of the price for a few marker tests.