2229Re: updated tree... Foundations of I-M223 Haplogroup shaken (CTS616 and CTS9183)

  • sallfertorr
    Jan 5, 2013
      Hello, all

      Following the recent developments in the I-M223 tree, here is how the I-M223 Haplogroup is currently structured:

      http://www.familytreedna.com/public/M223-Y-Clan/default.aspx?section=results

      At the moment we have two main branches: one that leads to L1228 and another, which leads to CTS616, CTS9183.

      It remains to be seen whether this proposed structure is 100% accurate (M284 Bradford has been reported to be CTS616+, we have to see if he is CTS9183+ as well; and we need CTS616, CTS9183 results for the L701,L702 group).

      I've implemented these changes to our Y-STR results page also:

      http://www.familytreedna.com/public/M223-Y-Clan/default.aspx?vgroup=M223-Y-Clan§ion=yresults

      These are exciting times!

      --- In I-M223@yahoogroups.com, "sallfertorr" wrote:

      > Hello, Robert and Wayne
      >
      > The discovery of these two SNP's shakes the foundations of the I-M223 Haplogroup. As you know, until now we had believed that Roots and I2b1-X were somehow related - not anymore, as the new SNP's prove that I2b1-X is even more ancient than we had imagined. So answering your question, it is not necessary to test Z2091, Z2094, Z2095 and Z2100 for now.
      >
      > I have been in contact with Astrid Krahn, who says CTS6433 and CTS1977 (relevant to Cont2a, Cont2b, Cont2to1 and Cont1-X) will be added to the FT DNA catalog in the next couple weeks. I have already added CTS616 and CTS9183 to my list of requests - it is important that Isles, L701/L702 and I-M223* individuals test these SNP's. We also need to be able to repeat these results within I2b1-X (L1228+), just to double-check what we've gotten.
      >
      > I will update our tree shortly to reflect this new structure.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Aaron Torres
      >
      > --- In I-M223@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne Roberts" wrote:
      > >
      > > Thanks Robert. Yes Ken is quick off the mark. But then he is in a cold snowy area of the USA while Aaron in Brazil and me in Australia are definitely not snowed in, haha. I was at the beach today (Saturday) with family.
      > >
      > > As for these two new upstream SNPs, Project members will have to ask FTDNA to add them to their order list. So send those emails in.
      > >
      > > I will leave Aaron to answer your question about Z2091, Z2094, Z2095 and Z2100. But please bear in mind that none of the Z2054-Z2101 series were included in Geno 2.0 so there will be no result for any of them in people's Geno results. The only possibility is if some of the other SNPs are phyloequivalent to any of those, but then these should show when comparing a Roots person to any others in I-M223 and that hasn't really shown up.
      > >
      > > It will be interesting when other Geno 2.0 results become available as well as the two WTY results over the next month or so.
      > >
      > > Wayne

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic