2220updated "Tree for M223 x Z161" by Ken Nordtvedt

  • rob919ert
    Jan 5, 2013
      Hi all,

      as mentioned before I received finally my GENO 2.0 results. The comma separated file with all the discovered snp-values was then sent to Aaron, Wayne and Ken.
      A few hours later (in the middle of the night here in Europe) Ken had already studied my results and replied as follows:
      "A very interesting result from the Hofstee raw data file!  Triangulation between it and Roots and Cont-2 yields two new snps for which Hofstee is ancestral while Roots and Cont-2 are both derived.

      This will allow some node ordering way upstream in M223 sector:  there must be first a node where L1228 branch line separates from another branch line which leads at least to both Z161 and L1229
      There are no new snps on the L1228/L1227 branch line, but we should not have expected any, realistically.
      I will of course go back and double check this all, since it is so interesting on upstream M223 tree structure.
      Kenneth Nordtvedt"
      Again an hour later Ken sent the following message:
      "The updated "Tree for M223xZ161" shows how these two snps start to organize M223's most upstream node structure.  To complete this we need Geno 2 results for a M284+ person and a L701+ person and maybe even the Webb family.
      Or we need snps like CTS616 and CTS 9183 to appear in the FTDNA catalog for testing by people in all the sectors.  FTDNA is being very coy about whether they will take snps from the Geno 2 that prove interesting and put them into their catalogs.
      Kenneth Nordtvedt "
      Therefore I would suggest to all members to check Ken' s  new M223 x Z161 Sector Tree dated 4 January 2013.

      A question to Aaron
      : : I guess that testing the four untested SNP's (Z2091, Z2094, Z2095 and Z2100) is not necessary anymore?

      best regards,
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic