2219Re: Z2054- for Roots kit#227963 (Moore)

  • CeCe
    Jan 4, 2013
      Thank you both for the explanations and, Wayne, for the very detailed one. This kit and the associated one from my father have always been the source of a bit of frustration for me since in the many years of research, I have never been able to come to any solid conclusions about our Moore origins (Irish versus German), so I really appreciate the guidance.
      Since I missed the sale, I will put the 111 upgrade on my list for next time unless something happens that makes it a rush.
      Thanks again and Happy New Year!
      CeCe

      --- In I-M223@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne Roberts" wrote:

      > Hi CeCe and Happy New Year.
      >
      > Part of testing up to 111 markers is that the data goes to predicting further subgroups, clades and clusters within the Roots 9 group of I-M223. The closer you get to identifying clusters the closer those in a cluster will be related. So it may be a long process as we often have to wait for people to test and then upgrade to 67 then 111 STR markers. The STR markers along with the SNP tested give you a blueprint for that Moore Y-DNA which can then be at some time matched with another.
      >
      > The SNPs tested to date have narrowed down his placing in the I-M223 tree. M223+ placed him in Haplogroup I2b1 (old) I2a2a (new), L1229+ told us he was in the Roots sector of I-M223 (I2a2a4), L812- told us he was not in Roots 1 group, Z2054- told us he was in Roots 2a group and not Roots 2b and L1230- told us he was not in Roots 2a section 1 group. The STR markers have divided Roots 2a group into subgroups and his markers indicate he is in Roots 9-14 subgroup. If you look at the results page, you will see the more a group is split into subgroups, the closer the markers or specific markers match up. The closer the match of markers as well as matching SNPs, the more likely those men shared a common ancestor in the time of record keeping. I hope I have explained this okay.
      >
      > As for further SNPs, there are none currently for Roots sector but we are hopeful the Geno 2.0 results trickling through might give us some new ones to consider. For other potential Roots sector members who have not tested any SNPs yet, L1229 and Z2054 are the most important along with STR marker DYS531. Without these, it can be very hard to group and subgroup people.
      >
      > Thank-you for your continued interest.
      > Wayne Roberts
      > Co-Admin I-M223 Project

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic