2DNA Haplotype I2B1 SHELTON CLAN

  • Shuffnew
    Apr 11, 2012
      My 3rd great grandparents were STEPHEN & DARTHA SHELTON whom both died ca 1867/1868 in Leon County, Texas. My SHELTON line is from my maternal side of the family. My direct lineage is:

      STEPHEN & DARTHA SHELTON (3rd great grandparents)

      JOHN ELBERT SHELTON & SARAH FRANCES BYRD-SHELTON (2nd great grandparents)

      STEPHEN S. SHELTON & RHODA ANN HYATT-SHELTON (my great grandparents)

      MANCEL ELBERT SHELTON & MYRTIS EMMA WEST-SHELTON (my maternal grandparents)

      MILDRED ELBERT SHELTON-LEHMANN & LYNN PAUL LEHMANN (my parents)

      At least two my my male cousins have participated in the ancestry familytreeDNA and the Haplotype is I2B1.

      I am curious what the I-M223 in this group name means? Is that something I can find in the two DNA cousins report that further breaks down the I2B1 haplotype?

      Any in this yahoo group that have SHELTON surname, can find my cousin's DNA on ancestry - names are:

      JONATHAN DALE SHELTON

      GERALD DON SHELTON

      If any from our line that is related or thinks they may be related that has not taken a DNA sample, I encourage you to do so.

      A non-ancestry DNA participant who is deceased supposedly is a perfect match for our STEPHEN SHELTON. His name: JAMES (aka FOX) SHELTON. JAMES "FOX" SHELTON is thought to be a brother of my 3rd great grandfather STEPHEN SHELTON. Would love to find any descendents of this JAMES "Fox" SHELTON line and any others from my Stephen Shelton line that might be able to provide DNA samples for comparison.

      For more info, you can contact me via this group or directly email me at: lynda@... or shuffnew@...

      Thanks and looking forward to sharing information with others in this yahoo group on the I2B1 haplotype (esp. and others whom might have the SHELTON surname).

      Lynda Lehmann-French
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic