IMPORTANT - Please Read

  • Richard Thoms
    Message 1 of 5 , May 29, 2011
    • 1 Attachment
    • 17 KB
    Team,

    I have to make you aware of our less-than-ideal financial situation. Unfortunately we are in a bit of trouble and we cannot meet our current commitments (Details below and attached).

    The committee has discussed the situation in our recent meeting and reviewed the available solutions.*

    We do not want to cut planned fixtures or increase subs…  What we are asking therefore is that ALL players make a one-off £20 payment ASAP so that we can keep running.

    This decision was not taken lightly; Unfortunately it is necessary. If we do not have a cash injection the club will be at serious risk. This month poses a high risk to us - June and July are easier.

    We also require that ALL players’ set-up standing order payments.**

    Here are the details and a bit of background (for those that want to know). The attached spreadsheet gives you the figures:

    •  The club is one of, if not the cheapest around.
      • It is a development club.
    • It is a not-for-profit organisation.
      • We run month-to-month on tight budgets.
    • Up until last season we were subsidised by a council grant.
      • The grant is no longer available.
    • Apx one year ago we increased subs to £25 per person per month.
      • The first time this has been necessary in the clubs history.
    • Subs were agreed at the current levels at last years AGM.
      •  It was the first time in the clubs history that Netminders were included.
      • We do not want to increase subs because of our current situation.
    • In Oct ’10 Planet Ice increased the cost of ice to £120.75 ex VAT per hour
      • We did not know this at the beginning of the season or at the AGM.
    • In Jan VAT went up to 20% (1hr ice costs £145)
      • During last year VAT was 15%.
    • We are required to pay a minimum 4.5 hours of ice per month.
      • There are 52 weeks in the year and 12 months. (52÷12=4.5)
      •  A booking of 2 hours is required for a home have.
    • At the start of May Planet Ice changed their invoice period from monthly to fortnightly.
      • We now receive two invoices each month.
      • Our bill for May is more than £1300.
    • In addition May is a 5 week month and we have two home fixtures.

      •  We have 9 hrs of ice to pay for instead of the normal 6

    • The club agreed that membership would be kept at a level to cover costs and not increase to a number that might see extremely busy training sessions etc.
      • It was agreed that 35 skaters was ideal
      •  We have not met this number all season

    In a nutshell a number of small changes, increases etc have culminated in a situation that leaves us with a £400+ deficit at the end of May. Simply put, we don’t have enough cash coming in to pay for the ice time we’ve had.

    This situation is a TEAM issue. If we cannot pay we cannot skate - simples.

    My contact details are below if anyone needs/wants to have a chat. Or you can talk to anyone of the committee. For those transferring the funds please put reference “your initials + ONE-OFF” on your payment.

    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news – it’s an unfortunate necessity.

    See you soon,

    Rich

    Treasurer

    07786 068193

    *Increasing the number of players is a long term solution and not a short term solution. This is something we intend to discuss at the AGM.

    **We are aware that this is difficult for a few of you. Unfortunately it is now a requirement for the club. You are required to have an arrangement in place by 31 July 2011.

    Message 2 of 5 , May 30, 2011
      Hi All,

      Just to reiterate what Rich has said, we need everyone to make this payment urgently or ice time and games will be severely affected.

      We had a committee meeting for 3 hours on Thursday to go through this in detail.

      The club's bank details to make payments to are:

      Payee:           Basingstoke Hyenas IHC
      Account:        01224649
      Sort Code:      30-90-53

      Many thanks to everyone for their quick action on this to ensure minimum disruption.  Nobody likes asking for a cash injection but this is where we're at right now.

      Rich,

      I just transferred my £20.00.

        • nporterandjbailey@tiscali.co.uk
          Message 5 of 5 , Jun 3, 2011