Re: [Hyenas] Game Sat Vs Streatham

    Message 1 of 15 , May 24, 2011
      Just a quick note about this and then I hope we can lay this one to rest until the AGM when it will undoubtedly be raised again and undoubtedly be voted against....again.

      The Hyenas is a team for all levels and abilities, that goes for training and games.  As soon as we change this we change what the team is about which is a team for everyone regardless of ability - not just for a select few who think that because they are more skilled and have been playing for longer than others, that they should get the lion's share of ice time in training and games.

      If anyone wants to go and play a more competitive level of hockey, you all know what the options are.  The Cougars are always looking for players and often struggle to get good numbers to away games.  If you consider yourself of a much higher ability then you can give the Buffalo a try too.

      Everyone on this team deserves the right to play the games and the right to the same ice time at training.  Have a bit of respect for your team mates who put in just as much time and effort as you do (or more) and everyone will be happy.

      From: b_allum@...
      Sender: Hyenas@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 08:37:07 +0000
      To: <Hyenas@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: Hyenas@yahoogroups.com

      Lol - Ryerson !!

      From: Lofty <mattlofthouse@...>
      Sender: Hyenas@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 08:24:01 +0100
      To: Hyenas@yahoogroups.com<Hyenas@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: Hyenas@yahoogroups.com

      good point boney, i reckon we should beat these guys regardless, we will just have to work as a team, and i am sure we will be victorious.
      i think the point system is good. i just wasnt sure how flexible the arangements for tournaments were. We shudnt change nout,
      anyway see you guys saturday

      Sent from my iPhone 4

      On 20 May 2011, at 08:03, Ian Fenton <fenno94@...> wrote:

      I completely agree with Boney.

      Those who travelled to Streatham managed to grind out a great draw on pure effort and team work - sitting some of those players who go through the wall for their team despite not being classed as one of the stronger players would be a massive kick in the teeth for them.

      If you train, play away games and help out home or away you get rewarded with points.  If we just ignore those points because we're playing in a competition it is 100% not fair on the Hyenas players that are putting more effort and commitment in than others (regardless of ability).

      As Rich said, if any player doesn't want to play in any specific game then they should not put their name down.  That decision should come competely from themselves and should not be affected by any other player on the team.

      Let's drop this and only bring it up again at the AGM.

      From: b_allum@...
      Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 09:32:12 +0000

      Well that's your opinon james however this is a tournement we play to win , and I know many would agree to field our strongest team with the avaliablity of what players we have got !!!

      Kennedy # 7

      Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 10:26:49 +0100
      To: Basingstoke Hyena's<hyenas@yahoogroups.com>

      From: "Lofty" <mattlofthouse@...>
      Date: Wed, May 18, 2011 00:59
      Subject: [Hyenas] Game Sat Vs Streatham
      To: "Hyenas@yahoogroups.com" <Hyenas@yahoogroups.com>

      I should have attended agm, but this year is our best chance of wnning this event. No bulldogs and weve beaten everyone else before. Maybe we could afford a couple of goal scorers in the shape of dacosta and taylor, i am sure other teams wont ice weaker teams. I will happily stand down for a stronger side. Whats your opinion guys ? Voices up, youve got till saturday.

      Sent from my iPhone 4

    • b_allum@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 15 , May 24, 2011
        Shut up fenno - cup games we gotta play to win as discussed last year at agm - end of

        From: b_allum@...
        Sender: Hyenas@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 08:37:07 +0000
        To: <Hyenas@yahoogroups.com>

        From: b_allum@...
        Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 09:32:12 +0000

        Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 10:26:49 +0100
        To: Basingstoke Hyena's<hyenas@yahoogroups.com>

        Message 3 of 15 , May 24, 2011
          Since when did you care Ben normally all you want to do is piss about and act the clown when your so called weaker players are trying to learn the game !

          Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 08:37:07 +0000

          Lol - Ryerson !!

          From: b_allum@...
          Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 09:32:12 +0000

          Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 10:26:49 +0100
          To: Basingstoke Hyena's<hyenas@yahoogroups.com>

          I should have attended agm, but this year is our best chance of wnning this event. No bulldogs and weve beaten everyone else before. Maybe we could afford a couple of goal scorers in the shape of dacosta and taylor, i am sure other teams wont ice weaker teams. I will happily stand down for a stronger side. Whats your opinion guys ? Voices up, youve got till saturday.

          Sent from my iPhone 4

          On 17 May 2011, at 14:08, james22ice@... <James22ice@...> wrote:

          > As far as I'm aware selection process has not changed since the AGM. Cup game or otherwise.
          >
          > Pete has released the minutes from last year. Read them if you want to check.
          >
          > James

        • Jays Gmail
          Message 4 of 15 , May 24, 2011
            Hey. Anyone know if Hyenas training is on this Sunday, being bank hol Monday and all!!?

            Cheers,
            Jase

            Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 08:37:07 +0000

            Lol - Ryerson !!