RE: [Hyenas] Fixtures: Away vs RLC Chiefs Sunday 18th July and Home games

  • James Bone
    Message 1 of 29 , Jul 8, 2010
      Your right rich we did, late Sundays aren't good for me either. Happy with Fridays and Saturdays

      James

      To: hyenas@yahoogroups.com
      From: richardthoms1@...
      Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 04:20:04 -0400
      Subject: RE: [Hyenas] Fixtures: Away vs RLC Chiefs Sunday 18th July and Home games

      Hi Dave,

      Late Sunday games aren't good for me I'm afraid. We did agree at last years AGM that we wouldn't do Sunday evening games.

      How are we set for the Anglo-Welsh games?

      Thanks
      Rich.

      To: Hyenas@yahoogroups. com
      From: dave_key@uk. ibm.com
      Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 15:31:37 +0100

      Hi Guys,

      I appreciate that Sunday (especially late Sunday) games are not popular but the RLC Chiefs (Bracknell) only have this slot.

      I asked at the Romford game on Saturday if anyone had an opinion and didn't get any negative responses beyond whether we should cancel training. Therefore I said we'd do it.

      It would now appear that the team (?) are unhappy with this and would like the game cancelled. Before I do this I would like a clear (and fast) response from everyone whether they can or can't/won't make a game at 10:45 on Sunday 18th July. If we really can't get a team together that's fine.

      However, people also need to be aware that there is not much early ice time at Basingstoke either.

              For July and August Saturdays are solid (not just hockey) until 11:45pm and Fridays until 11:15pm.
              In July we could get ice ice before our training session ... but I can't book that according to club rules.

      So I either book late games, games in place of  training or not at all ... opinions anyone?

      Get a new e-mail account with Hotmail – Free. Sign-up now.
      Message 2 of 29 , Jul 8, 2010

        I was aware of the "no Sunday" rule and I absolutely agree with Andy that I don't want to arrange games that overlap with our training time ... however .... the RLC Chiefs (Army) game ... this was the only time they have.  Like Basingstoke the availability of ice at Bracknell is surprisingly limited this summer. The same applies to several other teams I've turned down for this very reason.

        However, the "no Sunday" rule was introduced before some of the financial constraints were imposed on us all ... and extending our training time or cancelling it in favour of an away game is a practical way of saving money, but it was only a thought.

        I'll go back to the Chiefs with a "no" then, and I'll see what I can arrange for Fridays and Saturdays.  BTW would 4:30-6:30 at Basingstoke on the Sunday be acceptable as an alternative ??

        With regard to Anglo-Welsh games ... with the lack of early ice slots these are definitely in doubt ... but I'll see what I can do.

        James Bone <James22ice@...>
        Sent by: Hyenas@yahoogroups.com

        08/07/2010 10:25

        Please respond to
        Hyenas@yahoogroups.com

        <hyenas@yahoogroups.com>
        cc
        Subject

        To: hyenas@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 29 , Jul 8, 2010
          I am happy to play on Sundays, but they would need to finish at around 10pm at the latest otherwise I won't make it to work the next day! (or if its a bank holiday that would be fine)

          Thanks
          Mike

          James Bone <James22ice@hotmail. co.uk>

          To: hyenas@yahoogroups. com

          Message 4 of 29 , Jul 8, 2010
            Sunday 4:30 to 6:30 is OK by me.

            Message 5 of 29 , Jul 8, 2010
              Early Sundays is fine with me

              On 8 Jul 2010, at 18:08, "Peter Freitag" <pandhfreitag@...> wrote:

              Sunday 4:30 to 6:30 is OK by me.

              Message 6 of 29 , Jul 8, 2010
                Fine with me

                Just spoke to darren, there is some ice available including from 5 this Sunday

                To: Hyenas@yahoogroups.com
                From: g_woolford@...
                Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 18:22:20 +0100

                Early Sundays is fine with me

                On 8 Jul 2010, at 18:08, "Peter Freitag" <pandhfreitag@ googlemail. com> wrote:

                Sunday 4:30 to 6:30 is OK by me.

                Message 7 of 29 , Jul 8, 2010
                  Any time, except working hours !!!

                  good for Kennedy (aka Ben, The best there is, The best there was, The best there ever will be !!)

                  Just spoke to darren, there is some ice available including from 5 this Sunday

                  To: Hyenas@yahoogroups. com
                  From: g_woolford@dsl. pipex.com
                  Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 18:22:20 +0100

                  Message 8 of 29 , Jul 8, 2010
                    Sunday afternoons are 100% fine with me.

                    My only issue with late Sundays is that when I trained with the Cougars we finished at 00:15 and I still didn't get home 'til 01:15 at the earliest.  Add at least 30 - 40 mins on top of that for the Sunday game.  I don't like being a zombie at work!

                    Just my 2p.

                    Message 9 of 29 , Jul 9, 2010
                      Sunday afternoons are good for me.

                      Financial impositions aside, your efforts are much appreciated Dave (It's not an easy task and I wasn't trying to be awkward). Hopefully the Chiefs can sort another slot at a more convenient time in the not too distant future.

                      ALL - There are a few of you that haven't amended your monthly sub payments (£25). Can you please organise this ASAP. The change was applied from 1 June.

                      Thanks much
                      Rich.
                      07786068193

                      To: Hyenas@yahoogroups.com

                        Message 11 of 29 , Jul 13, 2010

                          I have sent a text to whoever has the Hyenas phone to say that we now have a ...

                          HOME game vs RLC Chiefs at 4:30 (16:30) this Sunday 18th July

                          Hopefully the current holder of the phone has seen this and will send out a note to see who is available ...