Re: [Hyenas] Social - PaintBalling

  • Vas Stefanopoulos
    Message 1 of 29 , Jul 1, 2010
      Apologies for the late reply but will be on holidays last 2 weeks of August.

      Regards

      Message 2 of 29 , Jul 3, 2010
        Shud be good for most days for paintball, make sure you give Plenty of notice though boner as gotta book time off work, is there a p!ss up in the evening ??

        Kennedy

        Dickie Fisher

        From: Andy Murray <andymurray85@ hotmail.com>
        Sender: Hyenas@yahoogroups. com
        Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 13:02:12 +0000
        To: <hyenas@yahoogroups. com>
        ReplyTo: Hyenas@yahoogroups. com

        Don't tell Jamie - He'll come down with his Rambo like skillzzzz again to just kill us all!

        I'm in on two conditions
        1- it's not the 27th/28th
        2- more importantly that I'm on Dickies team as he can kill a man with a paintball... he doesn't even need the gun!

        PEACE

        Andy

        To: hyenas@yahoogroups. com
        From: James22ice@hotmail. co.uk
        Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 13:07:01 +0100

        For anyone interested, I am looking to organize a team social to go paintballing towards the end of August.

        For full day costs would be £35-£45 depending on how many paint-balls you wanted which includes food, equipment and the paint!

        Half days are available too and we can choose to go to one of 2 sites, woodland or an indoor site to shoot the hell out of each other.

        Anyone can bring friends/family as this would be self funded due to club funds, depending on numbers we may be able to get a discount once I know how many people want to go.

        Can you all please let me know if you are/are not interested so I can start making bookings, also please let anyone know who isn't on email about this too !!

        Thanks

        James

        Get a new e-mail account with Hotmail – Free. Sign-up now.

        Message 3 of 29 , Jul 7, 2010

          Hi Guys,

          I appreciate that Sunday (especially late Sunday) games are not popular but the RLC Chiefs (Bracknell) only have this slot.

          I asked at the Romford game on Saturday if anyone had an opinion and didn't get any negative responses beyond whether we should cancel training. Therefore I said we'd do it.

          It would now appear that the team (?) are unhappy with this and would like the game cancelled. Before I do this I would like a clear (and fast) response from everyone whether they can or can't/won't make a game at 10:45 on Sunday 18th July. If we really can't get a team together that's fine.

          However, people also need to be aware that there is not much early ice time at Basingstoke either.

                  For July and August Saturdays are solid (not just hockey) until 11:45pm and Fridays until 11:15pm.
                  In July we could get ice ice before our training session ... but I can't book that according to club rules.

          So I either book late games, games in place of  training or not at all ... opinions anyone?

        • Vas Stefanopoulos
          Message 4 of 29 , Jul 7, 2010
            Hi Dave

            Happy to play at any scheduled time

            Message 5 of 29 , Jul 7, 2010
              Hi Dave,

              Happy to play whenever except games which would end after midnight on a work night.  I can do 18th July :)

              Cheers,

              JP

              Message 6 of 29 , Jul 7, 2010
                Available and happy to play (points permitting!).

                  Message 8 of 29 , Jul 7, 2010
                    Unavailable for late Sundays.

                    Late Friday and Saturdays, no problem at all.

                    Message 9 of 29 , Jul 8, 2010
                      Hi Dave,

                      Late Sunday games aren't good for me I'm afraid. We did agree at last years AGM that we wouldn't do Sunday evening games.

                      How are we set for the Anglo-Welsh games?

                      Thanks
                      Rich.

                      To: Hyenas@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 29 , Jul 8, 2010
                        Your right rich we did, late Sundays aren't good for me either. Happy with Fridays and Saturdays

                        James

                        To: hyenas@yahoogroups.com

                        Message 11 of 29 , Jul 8, 2010
                          I'm a no for Sunday night in Bracknell.

                          Still stand by not booking games that use our training time as it's unfair if people do not get selected to miss training and we have proven in the past that we can't let everybody play as it turns to chaos.

                          Do we have any other games lined up this summer as of yet so I can put them in my diary?

                          Thanks,
                          Andy

                          To: hyenas@yahoogroups.com

                          Message 12 of 29 , Jul 8, 2010

                            I was aware of the "no Sunday" rule and I absolutely agree with Andy that I don't want to arrange games that overlap with our training time ... however .... the RLC Chiefs (Army) game ... this was the only time they have.  Like Basingstoke the availability of ice at Bracknell is surprisingly limited this summer. The same applies to several other teams I've turned down for this very reason.

                            However, the "no Sunday" rule was introduced before some of the financial constraints were imposed on us all ... and extending our training time or cancelling it in favour of an away game is a practical way of saving money, but it was only a thought.

                            I'll go back to the Chiefs with a "no" then, and I'll see what I can arrange for Fridays and Saturdays.  BTW would 4:30-6:30 at Basingstoke on the Sunday be acceptable as an alternative ??

                            With regard to Anglo-Welsh games ... with the lack of early ice slots these are definitely in doubt ... but I'll see what I can do.

                            James Bone <James22ice@...>
                            Sent by: Hyenas@yahoogroups.com

                            08/07/2010 10:25

                            Please respond to
                            Hyenas@yahoogroups.com

                            <hyenas@yahoogroups.com>
                            cc
                            Subject
                            RE: [Hyenas] Fixtures: Away vs RLC Chiefs Sunday 18th July and Home games

                            To: hyenas@yahoogroups.com

                            Message 13 of 29 , Jul 8, 2010
                              I am happy to play on Sundays, but they would need to finish at around 10pm at the latest otherwise I won't make it to work the next day! (or if its a bank holiday that would be fine)

                              Thanks
                              Mike

                              James Bone <James22ice@hotmail. co.uk>

                              To: hyenas@yahoogroups. com

                              Message 14 of 29 , Jul 8, 2010
                                Sunday 4:30 to 6:30 is OK by me.

                                Message 15 of 29 , Jul 8, 2010
                                  Early Sundays is fine with me

                                  On 8 Jul 2010, at 18:08, "Peter Freitag" <pandhfreitag@...> wrote:

                                  Sunday 4:30 to 6:30 is OK by me.

                                  Message 16 of 29 , Jul 8, 2010
                                    Fine with me

                                    Just spoke to darren, there is some ice available including from 5 this Sunday

                                    To: Hyenas@yahoogroups.com
                                    From: g_woolford@...
                                    Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 18:22:20 +0100

                                    Early Sundays is fine with me

                                    On 8 Jul 2010, at 18:08, "Peter Freitag" <pandhfreitag@ googlemail. com> wrote:

                                    Sunday 4:30 to 6:30 is OK by me.

                                    Message 17 of 29 , Jul 8, 2010
                                      Any time, except working hours !!!

                                      good for Kennedy (aka Ben, The best there is, The best there was, The best there ever will be !!)

                                      Just spoke to darren, there is some ice available including from 5 this Sunday

                                      To: Hyenas@yahoogroups. com
                                      From: g_woolford@dsl. pipex.com
                                      Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 18:22:20 +0100

                                      Message 18 of 29 , Jul 8, 2010
                                        Sunday afternoons are 100% fine with me.

                                        My only issue with late Sundays is that when I trained with the Cougars we finished at 00:15 and I still didn't get home 'til 01:15 at the earliest.  Add at least 30 - 40 mins on top of that for the Sunday game.  I don't like being a zombie at work!

                                        Just my 2p.

                                        Message 19 of 29 , Jul 9, 2010
                                          Sunday afternoons are good for me.

                                          Financial impositions aside, your efforts are much appreciated Dave (It's not an easy task and I wasn't trying to be awkward). Hopefully the Chiefs can sort another slot at a more convenient time in the not too distant future.

                                          ALL - There are a few of you that haven't amended your monthly sub payments (£25). Can you please organise this ASAP. The change was applied from 1 June.

                                          Thanks much
                                          Rich.
                                          07786068193

                                          To: Hyenas@yahoogroups.com

                                            Message 21 of 29 , Jul 13, 2010

                                              I have sent a text to whoever has the Hyenas phone to say that we now have a ...

                                              HOME game vs RLC Chiefs at 4:30 (16:30) this Sunday 18th July

                                              Hopefully the current holder of the phone has seen this and will send out a note to see who is available ...