RE: [Hyenas] Beer, Beer and maybe a bit of hockey- 7th June

  • 867fishe@armymail.mod.uk
    Message 1 of 39 , May 30, 2008
      James

      I am a no go, I may be there to assist will let you know later.

      Dickie

      > List as I have it so far ... anyone missing let me know asap
      >
      > Andy MurrayJames BoneRich ThomsBen AllumSimon RuszalaRob LloydMatt
      > LofthouseScott NicholDave KeyIain SingleJon TaylorNick BealeSam HiggsJamie

      > Binch
      >
      > Un-ConfirmedAndy HartfieldDickie
      Fisher

      > Un AvailKay Carrington (opposition)
      > Tanya Morgan (opposition)
      > Ian FentonWill PearceGraham WoolfordDarrell FindlayKarl
      > Blackmore-SquiresIestyn Stevens
      > Pete Freitag
      >

      > To: hyenas@yahoogroups.comFrom: andymurray85@...: Tue, 20 May
      > 2008 10:13:43 +0000Subject: [Hyenas] Beer, Beer and maybe a bit of hockey-
      > 7th June
      >

      > Yo brothers (and sisters for Kay, Tanya and Deano) Game on the
      7th June
      > against a bunch of girls! EASY eh! Remember nothing serious just a bit of
      > fun and the chance to get some more ice time, think it will be a good
      > laugh, good opportunity for some of the newer guys to get some game time
      > as well! 6pm in the Aquadrome, or the ice rink, whichever has more ice on
      > the day... Put your names down so Boney can make a list of who is
      > available, from what I have gathered we are gonna try and let people play

      > this one so if you're free put ya name down, especially if you
      have in
      > some way been hit or coached by Dave Murray or even those of you who have
      > just given him some verbal abuse or just sat in the corner sniggering as
      > the big blady angry scottish version of the incredible hulk lumbers up and
      > down the ice. Now we all know that the real reason everyone bothered
      > reading this email was cos it mentioned BEER....We all love a good beer or
      > 2, except Lofty who only likes a good half and then finds himself asleep

      > in a toilet somewhere.... So..... its going to be 6pm on a
      Saturday which
      > means we can finish pretending to be Sidney Crosby by about 8pm.... which
      > means the night will still be young and no school the following day means
      > if people are up for it we can go for beers, I think a pint or 2 is
      > compulsory for attending the game afterwards as a minimum requirement!
      > Any who are up for a proper drinking session.... Let me know when you put
      > your names down and we can formulate a cunning plan (or a place to drink
      > at least, including a trip to Chick Mex if Danny tags along so he can be
      > abused by a "ropey bird") This is like the most impressive, long, email
      > I've written all day in a vain attempt to avoid doing any work whatsoever.
      > I could have cut it down to GAME - 6PM SAT 7th JuneBEAT GIRLS+ BEER Peace
      > out Dawgs! Andy
      >
      > Get Started!

      > All new Live Search at Live.com
      >
      > http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/msnnkmgl0010000006ukm/direct/01/
    • Dave Murray
      Message 39 of 39 , Jun 7, 2008

        HI everyone,

        Many thanks for organising the game for me yesterday, I had a great time and it seemed like you guys did too, which was the main purpose for us all.  There was some really good hockey on display from both teams which is always a joy to see for me.

        It was good to chat with loads of you too, your support during my illness will help the healing process and all being well, I plan to be back skating towrds the end of the year or early 2009 when the treatment is finished and I've lost all the weight and got a bit of fitness back.  Tthe Hyenas are getting to be a younger team all the time and I'll need to be fit to try and keep up with you, let alone try to compete at my advanced years #4  :-)

        Again, thanks, have a fun training tonight and a load of good games during the summer.

        All the best

        Dave  #4