Hyenas Games February - June 2006

    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 25, 2006

      Current Fixtures
      ----------------

         Date                     Team                      Time             Where                      Status
              ---------------------    -----------------------   --------------   ------------------------   --------------
         Sunday    5 February     Westminster Statesmen     21:00-23:00      HOME                       Confirmed
         Friday   10 February     Medway Madness            23:30-01:30      AWAY  (Gillingham)         Confirmed
         Saturday 11 March        Invicta Knights           24:00-02:00      AWAY  (Gillingham)         Confirmed
         Sunday   19 March        Invicta Knights           21:00-23:00      HOME                       Confirmed
      late March-early April   Isle of Wight Dinos       ??               AWAY (Ryde IOW)            tentative proposal
      Sunday    9 April        Medway Madness            21:00-23:00      HOME                       Proposed
           wk-end in May          Isle of Wight Tournament  ??               AWAY (Ryde IOW)            in planning
         Sunday    4 June         Westminster Statesmen     16:00-18:30      AWAY                       Proposed

      Other Dates / Notes
      -------------------

      Attendance/Availability
      As we currently have quite a few people eligible to play I will be keeping an attendance sheet at training sessions, so we can ensure we're fair about who plays if a game is over subscribed. It is your responsibility to ensure your name is marked.

      RAF Team on Sundays
      Some of you may have heard about the Rink giving Ice time to an RAF team after our training slot on Sundays. I have checked to ensure the Home fixtures we have already arranged will be unaffected by this, and also added a third for 9 April (provisionally vs Medway Madness but this may change if they can't make it). So far all is OK.

      Edinburgh Tournament : Easter Week-end : 15-16th April
      Although it involves several players from the Hyenas (playing as part of the Cougars) it is NOT a Hyenas fixture.

      Isle of Wight Tournament : May
      The Isle of Wight Dinos have asked if we are interested in playing in the tournament this year. For those who don't know, this is a 2 day tournament in Ryde on the Island, with 4 teams competing & is great fun. I've confirmed our interest and will not arrange any other fixtures in May until dates are confirmed.

      Isle of Wight Dinos
      As well as the Isle of Wight Tournament we have been asked if we'd like a match before then. I'm keen to play them as they're usually good games and they're a great team. Unfortunately, as far as I can see, the only possible dates would be either a Saturday or Sunday on one of the following weekends: 25/26 March, 1/2 April or 8/9 April (which is getting a bit cluttered, especially if the Medway game is agreed) or later in April (which would be very close to the Tournament date) so I've suggested a summer fixture (then, hopefully, we can get a return Home game close to it as well).

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 25, 2006

        Current Fixtures
        ----------------

           Date                     Team                      Time             Where                      Status
                ---------------------    -----------------------   --------------   ------------------------   --------------
[...]

      • Mike Rose
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 25, 2006
          Dave,

          do we know how many hyenas are doing the tounament

          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 26, 2006

            Mike,

            Not sure if you mean IOW or Edinburgh?

            If you mean how many Hyenas are going to Edinburgh, about 7. Initially I'd left this clear of fixtures as I was concerned that too many players would be away (not just because of the tournament but because of family commitments ... it being a major Bank Holiday) and we wouldn't have enough to fill a roster at home (let alone away). However, as things are going now, and knowing the number involved, I'm not so concerned. Which is why I've added a Home fixture (well added a slot for one) the weekend before, and if an away game comes up as well I'll consider that as well. I simply added the event in because I'd mentioned it before ... but it's not included in the main list of Hyenas games ... which I'm trying to keep at roughly 1 Home and 1 away per month, and  I emphasise roughly ;-)

            If you mean the Isle of Wight ... not sure as I've not asked and until we know the actual dates it'll be hard to be definitive anyway.

            Hope that answers your question ?

          • Mike Rose
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 26, 2006
              Cheers dave, was actually the northern of the two. Makes sense.

              mike.

            • powerpoint4@tiscali.co.uk
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 26, 2006
                4 have far as i know so far

                Me
                Neil
                James
                Dom

                Of
> [...]
                >our interest and will not arrange any other fixtures in May until dates
                are
                >confirmed.
                >
                > Isle of Wight Dinos
                > As well as the Isle of Wight Tournament we have been asked if we'd like
                >match before then. I'm keen to play them as they're usually good games and
                >they're a great team. Unfortunately, as far as I can see, the only possible
                >dates would be either a Saturday or Sunday on one of the following weekends:
                >25/26 March, 1/2 April or 8/9 April (which is getting a bit cluttered,
                >especially if the Medway game is agreed) or later in April (which would
                be
                >very close to the Tournament date) so I've suggested a summer fixture (then,
                >hopefully, we can get a return Home game close to it as well).

                Tiscali Broadband from 14.99 with free setup!
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 28, 2006
                  Dave,

                  I will be OK for both Invicta games (11th and 19th March)

                     Date                     Team                      Time             Where                      Status
                          ---------------------    -----------------------   --------------   ------------------------   --------------
[...]

                  Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                • kay carrington
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 29, 2006
                    James/Dave

                    I wont be able to train this sunday (29 th) I have had some minor surgery on a toe which is now so padded with dressing it look like I have clown feet (no comments about me skating like a clown anyway, please) and I cant get my clown feet into my skates.

                    Will be about for the 5th, either to play or rinkside, whatever.

                    See you then

                    Kay

                    Dave Key <dave_key@...> wrote:

                    Current Fixtures
                    ----------------

                       Date                     Team                      Time             Where                      Status
                            ---------------------    -----------------------   --------------   ------------------------   --------------

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 30, 2006

                      Dave.

                      I know I said I was available for medway but I have been reminded that the game between Reading and Southampton (which I have got tickets for) has been moved forward to the Friday night, sorry about this.

                      If we are really short handed I may be able to head straight down after the football but it will mean I will miss the start of the game.

                      Once again Sorry

                      Graham.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 30, 2006

                        Graham

                        Playing Southampton . You will be able to leave by half time!! Ha ha

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 30, 2006

                          As we are likely to be 3-0 up you are probably right……

                          Message 12 of 12 , Feb 3, 2006

                            *** IMPORTANT ***
                            The game vs MEDWAY MADNESS on Friday 10 Feb has been CANCELLED. See notes for more detail.

                            Current Fixtures
                            ----------------
                               Date                     Team                         Time           Where                   Status
                                    ---------------------    -----------------------      ------------   ---------------------   ---------------
                               Sunday    5 February     Westminster Statesmen        21:00-23:00    HOME                    Confirmed
                            ** Friday   10 February     Medway Madness               23:30-01:30    AWAY  (Gillingham)      ** CANCELLED **
                               Sunday   26 February ??  Medway Madness (see notes)   21:00-23:00    HOME                    Proposed
                               Saturday 11 March        Invicta Knights              24:00-02:00    AWAY  (Gillingham)      Confirmed
                               Sunday   19 March        Invicta Knights              21:00-23:00    HOME                    Confirmed
                               Saturday  1 April        Isle of Wight Dinos          16:45-19:15    AWAY (Ryde IOW)         Agreed
                               Sunday    9 April        (see notes)                  21:00-23:00    HOME                    Proposed
                               Wkend 20-21 May          Isle of Wight Tournament     all wk-end     AWAY (Ryde IOW)         Agreed
                               Sunday    4 June         Westminster Statesmen        16:00-18:30    AWAY                    Proposed
                               Sunday in June-August    Newcastle Coyotes            midday-ish     HOME                    Proposed

                            Other Dates / Notes
                            -------------------
                                Medway Madness
                                    Madness have had their ice time pulled at the last minute and have had to cancel.
                                    I'm in discussion with them & the rink about rearranging the game as a Home fixture on Sunday 26 Feb.
                                    If the 26 Feb is OK with everyone, & possible, I'll arrange an alternative match for 9 April ( MK? Coventry? ).
                                    Not sure yet when we will get a chance for the AWAY game. Maybe late April ?

                                Isle of Wight Tournament
                                    The Isle of Wight Dinos have confirmed dates. See above. Number of games to be confirmed as there may be 4 or 5 teams this year.

                                Isle of Wight Dinos
                                    Dinos have booked us in for 1st April.

                                Newcastle Coyotes
                                    The Coyotes have challenged the IoW Dinos and ourselves to a double-header in the Summer.
                                    Don't know much about them but they're happy to play non-checking, so hopefully it'll make a nice change ??