comments about game

  • b_allum
    Message 1 of 8 , May 3, 2005
      sup team

      well were do i begin, the changing rooms were a shit hole, (lol). We
      had a excelent game all of us. and i think if we did not have
      that 'funny 5 mins' then we could have beat that team. the prob we
      had i though the forwards were trying to carry the puck in to much
      instead of shoot. who cares if you miss or goalie saves it what
      about rebounds for the guy driving to the net.
      I thought the penaltys in the first period was a fucking joke but
      still you get refs who are like that. I quite enjoyed it as there
      entire team was out to hurt and foul me (what a load of jackasses).
      As with gard to what happened to rik i thought that was out of
      order. good job the ref did not see me hit him as well :).
      The whole team as whole and i keep saying this to the coaches and
      captain is to get every to talk out there , bloody scream for that
      puck if you are free let ur team mate know you r free and want the
      puck , i want us to enforce this to every puck drill we do at
      training with regard to passing coz if you practise doing it at
      drills touch wood it will work in games.
      And to answer riks question Yes i would like to play defense for you
      guys but i dont think chuck wants me too. However we are starting to
      get shit loads of forwards , so i think it would benefit me and the
      team if i played defence ?? , what does every one else in the team
      think ??? (Plus u need a enforcer in defence :) )
      any ways let me know your commenents and views

      cheers guys,

      peace out

      Ben #7

      (stay white)
    • Mike Rose
      Message 2 of 8 , May 3, 2005
        Guys,

        Besides some dubious reffing (how the hell does the ref know all of their
        team on a first name basis?) the game was pretty much ok. We all knew our
        own shortcomings, which is half the battle and everyone grafted as shown in
        the result. For the first two periods we got sucked into playing their game
        as the penalties show. Unfortunately there wernt too many shooting
        opportunities due mostly to their D double teaming the first guy any where
        near the blue and still having bodies to mop up the rest. They were sloppy
        in the slot but despite the work rate passing lanes were shut down pretty
        quickly (even quicker when shouting for a pass, guess that's why we need
        continuity of lines). All three lines put in the effort and all three had
        chances, a good team balance.

        Have to confess I enjoyed playing the line I was on (Cheers to JB & RW) and
        things were starting to click in the third as the team played hockey. Again
        a few dubious calls from their real man of the match put paid to most
        efforts.

        On a real positive, the changing room after the game was buzzing, and a big
        up for Marc for bringing the beers, chilled too!

        Rik dude, someone's got to look out for you (you were our only net) and it
        showed that the team are behind you. Somehow 2 on 1 with you on the bottom
        of the pile didn't seem fair, especially after you'd been steam rollered
        like that. We knew you were ok when we saw you grinning and him
        grimacing!!!! Good game mate and hope your neck aint still too sore.

        Well done wee stu for picking up MOM, deserved mate.

        The only thing I would respectfully suggest is that players make them selves
        aware of the good old rule book, there were a couple of occasions where we
        could have been called for very basic equipment stuff. At least familiarise
        ourselves with the penalty system. I deserved my two minutes and sorry to
        the guys on the ice for leaving them short handed, although how calling the
        ref a female body part equates to 2 mins for slashing only he knows. Again
        the penalty kill worked, down to 3 and they still didn't score, who needs a
        PK line!

        At the end of the day they played the ref and won and as Rik wrote, their
        captain said it all. Well done guys, it was a pleasure to be part of the
        team.

        Mike #8

[...]

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Richard Dedman
          Message 4 of 8 , May 4, 2005
            Ben dude, one thing i have learnt recently is that
            going off on one is fine but start swearing all over
            the place and no one takes any notice dude, i
            understand the point abt talking to each other as i
            nearly got caught out once to, while playing the
            puck,also a quick shout to say i was abt to be run
            would have been nice but thats something we can and
            should work on! Communication is a big part of this a
            team game so im sure coach has taken note of all thats
            being said! As for playing d ben, i for one being the
            goalie think your more effective there and think you
            should chat with the coach abt it in a constructive
            way and im sure you will get a better response! I
            gotta say that was one of the most enjoyable games Ive
            played in and long may it continue this way! We played
            well,good lines just silly penaltys lol

            --- Hyenas@yahoogroups.com <neilmoss007@...>
            wrote:
            > =?US-ASCII?B?TWlrZS9HdXlzDQ==?=
            > =?US-ASCII?B?IA0=?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?RmFpciBjb21tZW50cyBhYm91dCBlcXVpcG1lbnQgc3R1ZmYgbWlrZSwgZ290IGEgaGVhZHMgdXAgbm93IGFuZCBob2xkIG15IGhhbmRzIHVwIGZvciB0aGF0IG9uZSAobWludXMgYSBnbG92ZSkgLSBhbmQgYWRtaXQgaSBkaWRudCBrbm93IEkgY291bGQgb2YgZ290IGEgcGVuYWx0eSBmb3IgaXQsIGp1c3Qgd2FudGVkIHRvIGdvLCBnbywgZ28gYnVnZ2VyIG15IGhhbmQgaSB3YXMgcmVhZHkgaWYgaXQga2lja2VkIG9mZi4gbG9sIDogKS4N?=
            > =?US-ASCII?B?IA0=?=
            > =?US-ASCII?B?VGFrZSBpdCBlYXN5IA0=?=
            > =?US-ASCII?B?TmVpbCAN?=
            > =?US-ASCII?B?DSAg?=
            > =?US-ASCII?B?TWlrZSBSb3NlIHdyb3RlOg0=?=
            > =?US-ASCII?B?R3V5cywN?=
            > =?US-ASCII?B?DSAg?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?QmVzaWRlcyBzb21lIGR1YmlvdXMgcmVmZmluZyAoaG93IHRoZSBoZWxsIGRvZXMgdGhlIHJlZiBrbm93IGFsbCBvZiB0aGVpcg0=?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?dGVhbSBvbiBhIGZpcnN0IG5hbWUgYmFzaXM/KSB0aGUgZ2FtZSB3YXMgcHJldHR5IG11Y2ggb2suIFdlIGFsbCBrbmV3IG91cg0=?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?b3duIHNob3J0Y29taW5ncywgd2hpY2ggaXMgaGFsZiB0aGUgYmF0dGxlIGFuZCBldmVyeW9uZSBncmFmdGVkIGFzIHNob3duIGluDQ==?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?dGhlIHJlc3VsdC4gRm9yIHRoZSBmaXJzdCB0d28gcGVyaW9kcyB3ZSBnb3Qgc3Vja2VkIGludG8gcGxheWluZyB0aGVpciBnYW1lDQ==?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?YXMgdGhlIHBlbmFsdGllcyBzaG93LiBVbmZvcnR1bmF0ZWx5IHRoZXJlIHdlcm50IHRvbyBtYW55IHNob290aW5nDQ==?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?b3Bwb3J0dW5pdGllcyBkdWUgbW9zdGx5IHRvIHRoZWlyIEQgZG91YmxlIHRlYW1pbmcgdGhlIGZpcnN0IGd1eSBhbnkgd2hlcmUN?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?bmVhciB0aGUgYmx1ZSBhbmQgc3RpbGwgaGF2aW5nIGJvZGllcyB0byBtb3AgdXAgdGhlIHJlc3QuIFRoZXkgd2VyZSBzbG9wcHkN?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?aW4gdGhlIHNsb3QgYnV0IGRlc3BpdGUgdGhlIHdvcmsgcmF0ZSBwYXNzaW5nIGxhbmVzIHdlcmUgc2h1dCBkb3duIHByZXR0eQ0=?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?cXVpY2tseSAoZXZlbiBxdWlja2VyIHdoZW4gc2hvdXRpbmcgZm9yIGEgcGFzcywgZ3Vlc3MgdGhhdCdzIHdoeSB3ZSBuZWVkDQ==?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?Y29udGludWl0eSBvZiBsaW5lcykuIEFsbCB0aHJlZSBsaW5lcyBwdXQgaW4gdGhlIGVmZm9ydCBhbmQgYWxsIHRocmVlIGhhZA0=?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?Y2hhbmNlcywgYSBnb29kIHRlYW0gYmFsYW5jZS4N?=
            > =?US-ASCII?B?DSAg?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?SGF2ZSB0byBjb25mZXNzIEkgZW5qb3llZCBwbGF5aW5nIHRoZSBsaW5lIEkgd2FzIG9uIChDaGVlcnMgdG8gSkIgJiBSVykgYW5kDQ==?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?dGhpbmdzIHdlcmUgc3RhcnRpbmcgdG8gY2xpY2sgaW4gdGhlIHRoaXJkIGFzIHRoZSB0ZWFtIHBsYXllZCBob2NrZXkuIEFnYWluDQ==?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?YSBmZXcgZHViaW91cyBjYWxscyBmcm9tIHRoZWlyIHJlYWwgbWFuIG9mIHRoZSBtYXRjaCBwdXQgcGFpZCB0byBtb3N0DQ==?=
            > =?US-ASCII?B?ZWZmb3J0cy4N?=
            > =?US-ASCII?B?DSAg?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?T24gYSByZWFsIHBvc2l0aXZlLCB0aGUgY2hhbmdpbmcgcm9vbSBhZnRlciB0aGUgZ2FtZSB3YXMgYnV6emluZywgYW5kIGEgYmlnDQ==?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?dXAgZm9yIE1hcmMgZm9yIGJyaW5naW5nIHRoZSBiZWVycywgY2hpbGxlZCB0b28hDQ==?=
            > =?US-ASCII?B?DSAg?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?UmlrIGR1ZGUsIHNvbWVvbmUncyBnb3QgdG8gbG9vayBvdXQgZm9yIHlvdSAoeW91IHdlcmUgb3VyIG9ubHkgbmV0KSBhbmQgaXQN?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?c2hvd2VkIHRoYXQgdGhlIHRlYW0gYXJlIGJlaGluZCB5b3UuIFNvbWVob3cgMiBvbiAxIHdpdGggeW91IG9uIHRoZSBib3R0b20N?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?b2YgdGhlIHBpbGUgZGlkbid0IHNlZW0gZmFpciwgZXNwZWNpYWxseSBhZnRlciB5b3UnZCBiZWVuIHN0ZWFtIHJvbGxlcmVkDQ==?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?bGlrZSB0aGF0LiBXZSBrbmV3IHlvdSB3ZXJlIG9rIHdoZW4gd2Ugc2F3IHlvdSBncmlubmluZyBhbmQgaGltDQ==?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?Z3JpbWFjaW5nISEhISBHb29kIGdhbWUgbWF0ZSBhbmQgaG9wZSB5b3VyIG5lY2sgYWludCBzdGlsbCB0b28gc29yZS4N?=
            > =?US-ASCII?B?DSAg?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?V2VsbCBkb25lIHdlZSBzdHUgZm9yIHBpY2tpbmcgdXAgTU9NLCBkZXNlcnZlZCBtYXRlLg0=?=
            > =?US-ASCII?B?DSAg?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?VGhlIG9ubHkgdGhpbmcgSSB3b3VsZCByZXNwZWN0ZnVsbHkgc3VnZ2VzdCBpcyB0aGF0IHBsYXllcnMgbWFrZSB0aGVtIHNlbHZlcw0=?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?YXdhcmUgb2YgdGhlIGdvb2Qgb2xkIHJ1bGUgYm9vaywgdGhlcmUgd2VyZSBhIGNvdXBsZSBvZiBvY2Nhc2lvbnMgd2hlcmUgd2UN?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?Y291bGQgaGF2ZSBiZWVuIGNhbGxlZCBmb3IgdmVyeSBiYXNpYyBlcXVpcG1lbnQgc3R1ZmYuIEF0IGxlYXN0IGZhbWlsaWFyaXNlDQ==?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?b3Vyc2VsdmVzIHdpdGggdGhlIHBlbmFsdHkgc3lzdGVtLiBJIGRlc2VydmVkIG15IHR3byBtaW51dGVzIGFuZCBzb3JyeSB0bw0=?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?dGhlIGd1eXMgb24gdGhlIGljZSBmb3IgbGVhdmluZyB0aGVtIHNob3J0IGhhbmRlZCwgYWx0aG91Z2ggaG93IGNhbGxpbmcgdGhlDQ==?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?cmVmIGEgZmVtYWxlIGJvZHkgcGFydCBlcXVhdGVzIHRvIDIgbWlucyBmb3Igc2xhc2hpbmcgb25seSBoZSBrbm93cy4gQWdhaW4N?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?dGhlIHBlbmFsdHkga2lsbCB3b3JrZWQsIGRvd24gdG8gMyBhbmQgdGhleSBzdGlsbCBkaWRuJ3Qgc2NvcmUsIHdobyBuZWVkcyBhDQ==?=
            > =?US-ASCII?B?UEsgbGluZSEN?=
            > =?US-ASCII?B?DSAg?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?QXQgdGhlIGVuZCBvZiB0aGUgZGF5IHRoZXkgcGxheWVkIHRoZSByZWYgYW5kIHdvbiBhbmQgYXMgUmlrIHdyb3RlLCB0aGVpcg0=?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?Y2FwdGFpbiBzYWlkIGl0IGFsbC4gV2VsbCBkb25lIGd1eXMsIGl0IHdhcyBhIHBsZWFzdXJlIHRvIGJlIHBhcnQgb2YgdGhlDQ==?=
            > =?US-ASCII?B?dGVhbS4N?=
            > =?US-ASCII?B?DSAg?=
            > =?US-ASCII?B?TWlrZSAjOA0=?=
            > =?US-ASCII?B?DSAg?=
            > =?US-ASCII?B?LS0tLS1PcmlnaW5hbCBNZXNzYWdlLS0tLS0N?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?RnJvbTogSHllbmFzQHlhaG9vZ3JvdXBzLmNvbSBbbWFpbHRvOkh5ZW5hc0B5YWhvb2dyb3Vwcy5jb21dT24gQmVoYWxmIE9mDQ==?=
            > =?US-ASCII?B?Yl9hbGx1bQ0=?=
            > =?US-ASCII?B?U2VudDogMDMgTWF5IDIwMDUgMTY6NDQN?=
            > =?US-ASCII?B?VG86IEh5ZW5hc0B5YWhvb2dyb3Vwcy5jb20N?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?U3ViamVjdDogW0h5ZW5hc10gY29tbWVudHMgYWJvdXQgZ2FtZQ0=?=
            > =?US-ASCII?B?DSAg?=
            > =?US-ASCII?B?DSAg?=
            > =?US-ASCII?B?c3VwIHRlYW0N?=
            > =?US-ASCII?B?DSAg?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?d2VsbCB3ZXJlIGRvIGkgYmVnaW4sIHRoZSBjaGFuZ2luZyByb29tcyB3ZXJlIGEgc2hpdCBob2xlLCAobG9sKS4gV2UN?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?aGFkIGEgZXhjZWxlbnQgZ2FtZSBhbGwgb2YgdXMuIGFuZCBpIHRoaW5rIGlmIHdlIGRpZCBub3QgaGF2ZQ0=?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?dGhhdCAnZnVubnkgNSBtaW5zJyB0aGVuIHdlIGNvdWxkIGhhdmUgYmVhdCB0aGF0IHRlYW0uIHRoZSBwcm9iIHdlDQ==?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?aGFkIGkgdGhvdWdoIHRoZSBmb3J3YXJkcyB3ZXJlIHRyeWluZyB0byBjYXJyeSB0aGUgcHVjayBpbiB0byBtdWNoDQ==?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?aW5zdGVhZCBvZiBzaG9vdC4gd2hvIGNhcmVzIGlmIHlvdSBtaXNzIG9yIGdvYWxpZSBzYXZlcyBpdCB3aGF0DQ==?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?YWJvdXQgcmVib3VuZHMgZm9yIHRoZSBndXkgZHJpdmluZyB0byB0aGUgbmV0Lg0=?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?SSB0aG91Z2h0IHRoZSBwZW5hbHR5cyBpbiB0aGUgZmlyc3QgcGVyaW9kIHdhcyBhIGZ1Y2tpbmcgam9rZSBidXQN?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?c3RpbGwgeW91IGdldCByZWZzIHdobyBhcmUgbGlrZSB0aGF0LiBJIHF1aXRlIGVuam95ZWQgaXQgYXMgdGhlcmUN?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?ZW50aXJlIHRlYW0gd2FzIG91dCB0byBodXJ0IGFuZCBmb3VsIG1lICh3aGF0IGEgbG9hZCBvZiBqYWNrYXNzZXMpLg0=?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?QXMgd2l0aCBnYXJkIHRvIHdoYXQgaGFwcGVuZWQgdG8gcmlrIGkgdGhvdWdodCB0aGF0IHdhcyBvdXQgb2YN?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?b3JkZXIuIGdvb2Qgam9iIHRoZSByZWYgZGlkIG5vdCBzZWUgbWUgaGl0IGhpbSBhcyB3ZWxsIDopLg0=?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?VGhlIHdob2xlIHRlYW0gYXMgd2hvbGUgYW5kIGkga2VlcCBzYXlpbmcgdGhpcyB0byB0aGUgY29hY2hlcyBhbmQN?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?Y2FwdGFpbiBpcyB0byBnZXQgZXZlcnkgdG8gdGFsayBvdXQgdGhlcmUgLCBibG9vZHkgc2NyZWFtIGZvciB0aGF0DQ==?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?cHVjayBpZiB5b3UgYXJlIGZyZWUgbGV0IHVyIHRlYW0gbWF0ZSBrbm93IHlvdSByIGZyZWUgYW5kIHdhbnQgdGhlDQ==?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?cHVjayAsIGkgd2FudCB1cyB0byBlbmZvcmNlIHRoaXMgdG8gZXZlcnkgcHVjayBkcmlsbCB3ZSBkbyBhdA0=?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?dHJhaW5pbmcgd2l0aCByZWdhcmQgdG8gcGFzc2luZyBjb3ogaWYgeW91IHByYWN0aXNlIGRvaW5nIGl0IGF0DQ==?=

            =?US-ASCII?B?ZHJpbGxzIHRvdWNoIHdvb2QgaXQgd2lsbCB3b3JrIGluIGdhbWVzLg0=?=
            === Message Truncated ===

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Andy Murray
            Message 5 of 8 , May 4, 2005
              Hi guys,

              Back from rainy Austria now, Don't think we are quite ready to take on Team
              Canada yet!

              As everyone has said we did ourselves proud out there at the weekend I think
              everyone gave 100%through the game we were unlucky not to score a few but
              thats the way it goes.

              I pretty much agree with the all the points which have been made so far
              would just like to add one thing, when things go wrong or people make a
              mistake can we please avoid bitching and raising our voices on the bench it
              does not help at all, if a person has made a mistake they know full well
              that they have done something wrong and do not need people moaning at them
              about it.

              Good game though guys,

              Sid
            • Mike Rose
              Message 6 of 8 , May 4, 2005
                Neil dude, it wasnt a dig mate just a general observation and we could prob all benefit peeking at the book occasionally just to keep up to speed. The link is on the EIHA interweb site for those looking.

                Mike #8

                Message 7 of 8 , May 4, 2005

                  You mean there are rules ????

                  Now you tell me.
                • neil moss
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 5, 2005
                    Mike, i know it wasnt a dig buddy, cheers for the link just checked it out, gotta kill time at work so should be a good link to do so - dont know if i can string it out for 8hrs though !!! LOL

                    Cheers guys
                    Neil #77

                    Mike Rose <mike_rose@...> wrote:
[...]

                    Make Yahoo! your home page