Meeting 6th March 7.30 at the Sports Bar

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005
      As you are aware we are meeting as a team to discuss a couple of things.

      1. The New York game

      The aim of this is to ensure we have a sub committee so all the jobs and
      roles can be allocated to individuals so that the work load is spread. This
      will also ensure that the event is a huge success. Attached is some ideas,
      please print out and come along and have your views. If you cannot make
      training please e-mail me before Sunday so I can discuss with the team on
      your behalf.

      2. The points system for game selection

      Again I'll try and explain this on the night but basically we get 1 point
      for training every week and 2 points for playing an away match. This gives
      us a fair team selection based over the previous 8 weeks before the game
      commences. We close game selection a week before the game.

      Two things for this point:-

      A) Are we happy with having 2 points now for an away match, or do we move it
      back to 1 point. (We originally made this rule to encourage people to play
      away games, in the dark days where we were struggling to get numbers at away
      matches). For my part I think we should keep this as is.

      B) We have discussed giving 2 points to members who put their name down for
      an away game but are not able to play because their training points are not
      enough at that time. Again for what it's worth I think it is a good idea as
      it gives some support and potentially can help if we have an injury or major
      penalty if they take along their kit.

      Suggest we vote on both of these items.

      Cheers and see you on Sunday

      Darrell
    • Andrew Hartfield
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2005
        Darrell,

        Has the committee decided what is happening on Sunday? Are all players that
        turn up going to play or are we having a fixed number of lines (if so can
        you name the team)?

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        To visit your group on the web, go to:

        This email and any files attached to it are of a confidential nature and
        intended for the exclusive use of the individual or entity to whom they are
        addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you
        have received this email in error and action should be taken to inform the
        originator and this email should be deleted immediately and any copies made
        should be destroyed. If you are not the intended recipient, any form of
        disclosure, distribution, printing, copying or any other use of this email
        or the information in it or in any attachments is strictly prohibited and
        may be unlawful. Any views, opinions or other information expressed in the
        email and any attachments are those of the originator and not given or
        endorsed by General Dynamics UK Ltd.In compliance with the various
        Regulations and Acts, please be aware that General Dynamics UK Ltd reserves
        the right to monitor all emails and email attachments, both inbound and
        outbound, allowing legitimate business practice to continue.In addition to
        monitoring, General Dynamics UK Ltd also provides appropriate Antivirus
        measures scanning all incoming and outgoing email and email attachments.
        However, email communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or free of
        errors as information may be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost,
        destroyed or contain viruses. General Dynamics UK Ltd do not accept
        liability or responsibility for any such matters or the consequences
        thereof.
      • Steve Boardman
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2005
          Andy,

          The game on Sunday 6th is OFF. It will be re-arranged for sometime later in
          March hopefully.

          Steve.

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 3, 2005
            Sorry Andy for those who were not at training on Sunday the game has been
            moved to the 20th due to not registering the game.