Raffle prizes/timings etc for New York game

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
      Hi guys

      Can you all bring down a couple of Raffle Prizes to the Rink on Sunday and
      hand them to one of the Junior Club who will be organising the Raffle.
      Bottles of wines, unwanted Xmas presents etc.

      Game Fees for the day will be £10. This will include a buffet, probably in
      the Sports Bar or Pizza place next door, after the game. Still sorting this
      out. Drinks will be your responsibility.

      There will also be some Blind Auctions gong on for a couple of goodie bags
      that the Blue Liners are bringing with them. This will include a Blue Line
      Jersey, Blue Line Cap and Polo Shirt. We will try to get all players to
      sign this and this will be well worth bidding for before the game starts!

      We still have training on Sunday at 9pm so for those of you not playing
      please come down and support the game along with bringing your kit for
      training.

      Looking forward to the game

      Darrell
    • Dave Murray
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 7, 2004
        Dear All,

        Can someone let me know who has the game sheet for last night please? Graham Merry of the Gazzette would like a copy so that he can do a write-up for Friday's paper.

        Please respond ASAP, thanks.

        Best Regards

        Dave Murray
        Product & Purchasing Manager
        Hama PVAC Ltd
        Tel +44 1256 374722
        Fax +44 1256 374747
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 7, 2004
          I think I saw Matt with a copy, Jo McGovern was doing the games sheets,
          great game guys.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 8, 2004

            Ok so tell me what happened ... I was stuck at Thruxton surrounded by just about every motorbike ever made and didn't even get back in time to go to training!
            (BTW the SupeBike riders are even crazier than Hockey players ... one wipeout into the crowd and one upender right in front of us (broken collar bone for his efforts!) ... a different sort of picnic to what I'm used to!! ).
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 8, 2004
              Dave,

              we lost 11:3, good game though played in the right spirit. At the end of the day their positioning play was much better than ours. They also beat the Cougars 9:5 on Saturday after they were jet lagged and drunk from the journey!