Saxon Wood School charity game donation

  • michael rose
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2003
      Dear Hyenas and friends,

      As most of you are aware, we played a game of hockey against a team made up
      from the New York emergency services back last May, in support of Saxon Wood
      School and the September 11th tragedy. Everyone who played and supported
      enjoyed the occasion that witnessed the largest crowd in our clubs history.

      The donations have been sent to the relevant organisations and below is the
      response fom Paul Skinner, the head teacher of Saxon Wood School;

      Many thanks for sending me the cheque for money raised when you played
      against the New York Police. Unfortunately I was not able to get to the
      game, but I know that staff and families that went really enjoyed it. I am
      glad it went well.

      We are always needing to raise funds for special equipment or pupil
      activities, and your donation will go into this fund. Please pass on my
      thanks, on behalf of all the pupils, to everyone who was involved.

      Yours sincerely

      Paul Skinner

      It is good to know that we can achieve something positive as a team, for the
      community, whilst playing the game we enjoy.

      Mike Rose #8
      Secretary
      Basingstoke Hyenas