RE: [Hyenas] Re: Swindon on Friday, what happened???

  • Kyle Alexander
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 26, 2003

      I agree Pete, it’s not worth the risk and there were certainly Northstars on Friday who IMHO were out to rack up points and play a physical game, obviously against the spirit of the occasion.

      I would also suggest that we tell teams that we only wish to play with them if at least one qualified official will be officiating as many of the problems on Friday were caused by non-qualified refs who didn’t really have control of the game and who certainly weren’t impartial! I also believe that without a EIHA ref all insurance is also void.

      For those not in the know the Hyenas went down 5-2 to the Northstars. During the first 5 mins or so however Swindon threw some full-on checks (including taking both me and Lee into the boards) and the Hyenas left the ice refusing to play until the officials (who coincidently were wearing shirts the same colour as the home team!) got it under hand.

      Down 1-0 we came back to 2-1 both goals from Lee before I scored a beautiful own-goal to tie it up. Rick played stellar and was rightly nominated MOM. We all came out of the game however acknowledging that it was a close contest and there was certainly the possibility of a Hyenas win for most of the match.

      Without any natural centres (Paul, Pete F, Tony or Nick) the lines were (IIRC) –

      Spencer – Alexander – Findlay

      Compton - Rose – Burns

      Patel – Sims - Bone

      Murray – Laroque

      Hawken – Boardman

      Also I hadn’t replied to previous posts but I’d be up for additional training depending on time / place. Can we deffinately not get extra ice over the summer in Basingstoke then?

      See you Sunday guys and gals,

      Kyle