FW: Match on the 20th Dec

  • Paul Nicholls
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2003
      FW: Match on the 20th Dec Hey guys. Thought this might make you all laugh or at least feel releived we didn't go to Milton Keynes!

      Paul Nicholls #68
      Basingtoke Hyenas Ice Hockey Team
      ----------
      From: "Nick Codling" <nickcodling@...>
      Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 10:31:48 +0000
      To: paul.nicholls@...
      Subject: Re: Match on the 20th Dec

      Hi Paul

      You're going to love this! Forget the contribution to the match fees.  This is what happened.  I managed to get the guys to agree to play anyway just for an hour 11 - 12. Took all afternoon ringing round and twisting arms etc.  So I then ring the rink and they say 'yup no problem', at 9.30 I get a call to say that they managed to double book us. I said that this was impossible as I'd seen the diary and that we were the one booked in.

      But one of the mangers down there had booked the GB u14's in for the 20th but put it in the book for the 13th.... genius!  So as they'd already paid for the ice they got it.

      So damn good job your guys cancelled.

      Have a great New Year.

      Nick

      Add photos to your messages with MSN 8.  Get 3 months FREE*. <http://g.msn.com/8HMQEN/2018>