Registrations

  • Peter Hawken
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 10, 2002
      A reminder to ALL players:

      Regsitrations are required for next season.  We therefore need from each player:

      2 Photographs
      £30 Cheque payable to Basingstoke Hyenas Ice Hockey Club or cash
      2 forms to be completed.
      Any arears for games or subscriptions to be fully paid before renewal

      We will have all paperwork next Sunday (15th) and the following Sunday (22nd).  Mike and I will be looking after registrations before and after the session.  Any player who can't get to the training session, please get in touch and we can send out the information to you.  All papers need to be received by Monday 23rd September if posted to us.

      Any player who does not renew their registration by Sunday 22nd WILL NOT BE REGISTERED for October.  Non registered players will not be able to train or play until they have completed the registration process.  Please note that membership fees will still be due even if the player fails to register by 22nd.  Remember that the ice time costs the same whether players are on the ice or not, therefore to retain membership, monthly fees are still payable.  The registration requirements are set by the EIHA.  We have no discretion to change or vary these rules and therefore there wil be NO exceptions.  Please don't ask as abusive insults and violence often offend.  We simply cannot make exceptions for any reason.

      It would be appreciated if any players that do not intend to register could let me or Mike Rose know.  We have a waiting list and we want to move players into the team as soon as we can.  This will be easier if we know in advance who will not be staying with the team.  On a similar note, most players are aware that if they fail to train without good reason for a period of 2 months, they are liable to be expelled form the club to make room for those who are waiting to join.  Many members have commented on a handful of players who are only training once every month or so and are unhappy with this level of commitment.  Although they do not fall foul of the two month rule, they are not acting within the spirit of the rule.  We would ask all members to consider carefully whether they are able to commit to training on a frequent and regular basis before they sign up.  Players who only make training once every 6 or 8 weeks are not being fair to other players nor to prospective members on the waiting list.  Despite the fact that we are team of mixed abilities, there is a feeling among members that we should all be committed to the team regardless of ability.  Apart from anything else, it makes each training session very expensive, bearing in mind that the subscription is due whether yout rain or not.

      Coaches:
      Qualified and registered coaches are not required to pay the £30 registration fee as the higher coach regsitration fee covers the player regsitration.  Instead of the £30 fee, please bring a copy of BOTH sides of your licence.  The same applies to referees, if we have any.

      Please do your best to pass on this information to any others who don't have frequent email access.  Lack of information will not excuse players from the EIHA rules si it is important for everyone to read this note.

      Peter
    • Peter Hawken
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 16, 2002
        Thanks to all those who completed their registration paperwork last night.  For those who didn't, can I remind you that we MUST have all papers returned to us, with photographs, fees and coach licences (if applicable) by Sunday next week.  Any player who doesn't return the full registration information will NOT be able to train during October as they won't be registered - no exceptions.  Mike and I will be there early on Sunday next week once again to deal with the registrations.

        For those who have taken the papers away with them, please remember to bring them back next week.  Those who can't get them back next week can post them to me this week if they prefer.  The address is:

        Hyenas Hockey Club
        7 Inglewood Drive
        Basingstoke
        RG22 4QZ

        Remember to include:
        Membership form
        EIHA registration form
        Two photographs
        Registration fee of £30 (or copy of coach licence instead)
        Payment of any arrears that might be outstanding for this year

        Peter
      • hockey-stuff

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 1, 2012
            • 1 Attachment
            • 814 KB
            All on my previous list are now registered except Kay and Kristina.
            Apparently you need to fill out a league transfer form every year! Form
            is attached, could you please fill out get your manager to sign it and
            send it back to me. I know it's hassle but nothing I can do about. The
            good news is they changed the rules again and registration with a lady's
            team now counts as first team registration again. This means the club
            owes you both £15 as your registration is now only £35.

            Tanya can you please advise how best to reimburse them.

            Thanks,