Re: [Hyenas] Ice

  • Peter Hawken
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 29, 2002
      Planet Ice have NOT got in touch to confirm this. As far as I am aware, we still have no ice on Sunday despite hearing from one or two other sources that they will not be taking up the ice until later.  Typical of Planet Ice I'm afraid

      To avoid confusion, regardless of whether the ice is there or not, we will NOT have training on Sunday evening.  That way, we don't have the risk of people turning up to find no ice, or others not turning up because they didn't know the session was off.

      SO.....  NO TRAINING ON SUNDAY

      Sorry folks

    • Dave Sims
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2002
        Pete,

        i am sorry to have to say this but as a dedicated
        member of the team i feel somewhat cheated.
        surely if ice is available and the members have paid
        for this time why can we not use it,as we do not have
        enough ice time as it is

        dave#10

        --- Peter Hawken <peterhawken@...> wrote:
        > Planet Ice have NOT got in touch to confirm this. As
        > far as I am aware, we still have no ice on Sunday
        > despite hearing from one or two other sources that
        > they will not be taking up the ice until later.
        > Typical of Planet Ice I'm afraid
        >
        > To avoid confusion, regardless of whether the ice is
        > there or not, we will NOT have training on Sunday
        > evening. That way, we don't have the risk of people
        > turning up to find no ice, or others not turning up
        > because they didn't know the session was off.
        >
        > SO..... NO TRAINING ON SUNDAY
        >
        > Sorry folks

        http://uk.my.yahoo.com
      • Peter Hawken
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 2, 2002
          Dave and others,

          I understand your sentiments about the ice. However, let me point out that
          the ice was cancelled last week by Planet Ice and they didn't at any time
          let me know that the ice would be available. Therefore, regardless of the
          status of the ice pad, we didn't actually have the ice booked. Until such
          time as Planet Ice offered us the ice once again, we didn't have the option
          of using the ice.

          I had spent a significant amount of time trying to contact players to ensure
          they didn't arrive to find no ice. Even if we were offered the ice again, it
          would have been unfair to those who are difficult to get in touch with to
          reinstate the ice without letting them know as well. As we also need to
          have two coaches on the session, it may have been difficult to arrange this
          in time as well.

          Bearing in mind the recent difficulties in agreeing or retaining any booking
          with Planet Ice unless fully confirmed in writing by both sides, the only
          course of action was to not run the session. Because of bookings changed,
          cancelled and forgotten by PI in the past, we DO NOT make any arrangement
          without written confirmation to Planet Ice and an acknowledgement of the
          booking from them. As we didn't have the time to do this, the booking could
          not go ahead.

          As far as the payment is concerned, each member makes a payment into the
          club each month to support the running costs of the club. No one has lost
          any money here. The club is owned by the members, the money held by the
          club therefore belongs to the members. As we effectively see a reduction in
          the cost of ice time, the 'excess' money is held in the bank to be used for
          future expenses. The members (i.e. the club) have not paid for the ice
          time as we will not be paying for the ice that we haven't used.

          For those who feel as Dave does, please understand that we cannot please all
          the people all the time. Any other action would have raised a different
          complaint from another unhappy member.

          > i am sorry to have to say this but as a dedicated
          > member of the team i feel somewhat cheated.
          > surely if ice is available and the members have paid
          > for this time why can we not use it,as we do not have
          > enough ice time as it is
          >

          > dave#10
          >

          > --- Peter Hawken <peterhawken@...> wrote:
          > > Planet Ice have NOT got in touch to confirm this. As
          > > far as I am aware, we still have no ice on Sunday
          > > despite hearing from one or two other sources that
          > > they will not be taking up the ice until later.
          > > Typical of Planet Ice I'm afraid
          > >
          > > To avoid confusion, regardless of whether the ice is
          > > there or not, we will NOT have training on Sunday
          > > evening. That way, we don't have the risk of people
          > > turning up to find no ice, or others not turning up
          > > because they didn't know the session was off.
          > >
          > > SO..... NO TRAINING ON SUNDAY
          > >
          > > Sorry folks

        • Paul Nicholls
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 3, 2002
            Well said Peter

            Let's face it, we all want to play, but someone has to take responsibility
            for people turning up for no reason.

            I support your course of action

            Cheers

            Paul Nicholls #68