Re: [Hyenas] IoW results

  • Peter Hawken
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 19, 1999
      Acton's coaching certainly made a difference to our game. The legion
      team was as strong as they usually ice (even if our friend Darren
      left us in the first game). The defensive game we played stopped
      goals getting past us and a red hot netminder did the rest for us.

      We have to remember all the things that went right for us over the
      weekend and keep working on them. I noticed a few better skaters at
      the tournament after Jimmy Andersson's training as well.

      The Dinos had many of the same faces, but they were a whole new team.
      I can only assume that they have worked hard at training and they
      have worked out positional play that works well for them. Let's work
      at improving our game in the same way and we can go out and take on
      the world.

      Well done to everyone who played. We can all be proud of our
      performance on the island.

      The Dinos seem to be keen on the idea of further tournaments
      including some international ones. Paul will be working tirelessly
      to get more fixtures for us so keep watching for news.

      Pete (we weren't fighting, we were talking!!!) Hawken #5

      -- Peter Hawken, peterhawken@... on 20/10/1999