Coaching courses

  • Peter Hawken
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 9, 2001
      LEVEL 1 COACHING COURSES

      Forthcoming Level 1 coaching courses:
      8th - 9th December Sheffield
      2nd - 3rd February South East, venue to be advised

      Some players are already registered for courses. Can you please
      advise which of the dates are better for you. I think that the South
      East venue is likely to be Chelmsford, but it may well change from
      that location. Otherwise, I'm told that Sheffield is lovely this
      time of year.

      Any players wishing to take a coaching course, please let me know as
      soon as possible. The course spends some time on communications with
      the team and parents - not really relevant for us, but additionally,
      it provides information about training, discipline and the structure
      of the game that will be of benefit to everybody. I would recommend
      the course to any of our more experienced players. While it doesn't
      turn anyone into a coach overnight, it provides useful experience and
      will benefit not only the player but the club as well.

      For those who are considering coaching more seriously, the level one
      course is the first step and needs to be completed before the level
      two course is started. The level two is the required qualification
      to run a team or to be the head coach on a training session. Once
      again, having a level two is in my opinion, a benefit to any player
      whether or not they act as a coach.

      Sales pitch over now..... get in touch for more information.

      Peter

      -- Peter Hawken, peterhawken@... on 09/11/2001
    • mike_rose
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 26, 2001
        Peter,

        I am interested in doing the level one coaching course in February (SE).

        Mike Rose
        > 2nd - 3rd February South East, venue to be advised
        >

        > Some players are already registered for courses. Can you please
        > advise which of the dates are better for you. I think that the South
        > East venue is likely to be Chelmsford, but it may well change from
        > that location. Otherwise, I'm told that Sheffield is lovely this
        > time of year.
        >
        > Any players wishing to take a coaching course, please let me know as
        > soon as possible. The course spends some time on communications with
        > the team and parents - not really relevant for us, but additionally,
        > it provides information about training, discipline and the structure
        > of the game that will be of benefit to everybody. I would recommend
        > the course to any of our more experienced players. While it doesn't
        > turn anyone into a coach overnight, it provides useful experience and
        > will benefit not only the player but the club as well.
        >
        > For those who are considering coaching more seriously, the level one
        > course is the first step and needs to be completed before the level
        > two course is started. The level two is the required qualification
        > to run a team or to be the head coach on a training session. Once
        > again, having a level two is in my opinion, a benefit to any player
        > whether or not they act as a coach.
        >
        > Sales pitch over now..... get in touch for more information.
        >
        > Peter
        >
        > -- Peter Hawken, peterhawken@... on 09/11/2001

      • Dave Sims
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 2, 2001
          Peter,

          please register Dave Sims #10 & Mike Rose #8 for the
          southern coaching level one course in February.

          Regards

          Dave Sims

          --- mike_rose <mike_rose@...> wrote:
          <HR>
          <tt>
          Peter,<BR>
          <BR>
          I am interested in doing the level one coaching course
          in February (SE).<BR>
          <BR>
          Mike Rose<BR>
          ----- Original Message -----<BR>
          > Forthcoming Level 1 coaching courses:<BR>
          > 8th - 9th
          December
          Sheffield<BR>
          > 2nd - 3rd
          February
          South East, venue to be advised<BR>
          ><BR>
          ><BR>
          > Some players are already registered for
          courses.  Can you please<BR>
          > advise which of the dates are better for
          you.  I think that the South<BR>
          > East venue is likely to be Chelmsford, but it may
          well change from<BR>
          > that location.  Otherwise, I'm told that
          Sheffield is lovely this<BR>
          > time of year.<BR>
          ><BR>
          > Any players wishing to take a coaching course,
          please let me know as<BR>
          > soon as possible.  The course spends some
          time on communications with<BR>
          > the team and parents - not really relevant for
          us, but additionally,<BR>
          > it provides information about training,
          discipline and the structure<BR>
          > of the game that will be of benefit to
          everybody.  I would recommend<BR>
          > the course to any of our more experienced
          players.  While it doesn't<BR>
          > turn anyone into a coach overnight, it provides
          useful experience and<BR>
          > will benefit not only the player but the club as
          well.<BR>
          ><BR>
          > For those who are considering coaching more
          seriously, the level one<BR>
          > course is the first step and needs to be
          completed before the level<BR>
          > two course is started.  The level two is the
          required qualification<BR>
          > to run a team or to be the head coach on a
          training session.  Once<BR>
          > again, having a level two is in my opinion, a
          benefit to any player<BR>
          > whether or not they act as a coach.<BR>
          ><BR>
          > Sales pitch over now..... get in touch for more
          information.<BR>
          ><BR>
          > Peter<BR>
          ><BR>
          > -- Peter Hawken, peterhawken@... on
          09/11/2001<BR>
          href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/</a><BR>
          ><BR>
          ><BR>
          <BR>
          </tt>

          <tt>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <a
          href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">Yahoo! Terms
          of Service</a>.</tt>

          http://uk.my.yahoo.com
        • Peter Hawken
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 6, 2001
            Those people who have expressed an interest in coaching courses will
            be pleased to know that the venues for two courses have been
            announced.

            LEVEL 1
            12 - 13 Jan Bracknell
            2 - 3 Feb Chelmsford
            Sheffield course postponed due to venue problems

            Please would you let me know which of the two courses you prefer and
            also see me to obtain the forms to complete to book the course.

            The course is two days, both about 10.00 - 16-00 with about one hour
            on ice, the rest in a local meeting room in or near the rink.

            Any hockey player can take the course and is a requirement in order
            to move on to the level 2 course. If anyone wants to find out more,
            please talk to me or any of the team coaches who have taken the
            courses. Although the course doesn't turn you into an NHL standard
            coach, it offers useful insight into the role of the coach, teaching
            methods, dealing with players and other supporters. I would
            recommend the course to anyone who feels they want to improve their
            knowledge of the game.

            Peter
            -- Peter Hawken, peterhawken@... on 06/12/2001
          • KYLE JAMIE ALEXANDER
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 6, 2001
              Peter can you please put me down for the Bracknell course.
              I'll bring my cheque book with me Sunday to give you the
              payment if necessary.

              Many thanks,

              Kyle.

              Kyle J Alexander
              1alexk90@...
            • mike_rose
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 6, 2001
                Peter,

                I'm up for the 12th - 13th Jan at Braknell.

                Regards

                Mike Rose
                > Those people who have expressed an interest in coaching courses will
                > be pleased to know that the venues for two courses have been
                > announced.
                >
                > LEVEL 1
                > 12 - 13 Jan Bracknell
                > 2 - 3 Feb Chelmsford
                > Sheffield course postponed due to venue problems
                >

                > Please would you let me know which of the two courses you prefer and
                > also see me to obtain the forms to complete to book the course.
                >
                > The course is two days, both about 10.00 - 16-00 with about one hour
                > on ice, the rest in a local meeting room in or near the rink.
                >
                > Any hockey player can take the course and is a requirement in order
                > to move on to the level 2 course. If anyone wants to find out more,
                > please talk to me or any of the team coaches who have taken the
                > courses. Although the course doesn't turn you into an NHL standard
                > coach, it offers useful insight into the role of the coach, teaching
                > methods, dealing with players and other supporters. I would
                > recommend the course to anyone who feels they want to improve their
                > knowledge of the game.
                >
                > Peter
                > -- Peter Hawken, peterhawken@... on 06/12/2001

              • Rob Houlding
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 7, 2001
                  hi peter, please put me down for the february course.

                  and as i'm writing, could someone please offer me a lift for sunday...pretty
                  please...any favours considered ( within reason...! )

                  my feet are itching to get back on the ice...!

                  please, jimmy, can you fix it for me...

[...]

                  ---
                  Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

                  ---

                  The above information is confidential to the addressee and may be
                  privileged. Unauthorised access and use is prohibited.

                  Internet communications are not secure and therefore this Company does
                  not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.

                  distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
                  it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

                  Hogg Robinson (Travel) Ltd
                  Registered Office: Abbey House, 282 Farnborough Road, Farnborough,
                  Hampshire GU14 7NJ
                  Registered in England and Wales No 1284358