Re: [Hyenas] Skating

  • Paul Nicholls
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 3, 2001
      Great,

      Thanks to all involved for organising that. May I suggest as promotion for
      the Hyenas, and as a show of support for the new combined training session
      that we all wear our Hyenas team jerseys!

      Paul #68

      > From: Peter Hawken <peterhawken@...>
      > Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 13:51:30 +0100
      > To: <hyenas@yahoogroups.com>
      > Cc: <ljellis.focus@...>
      > Subject: [Hyenas] Skating
      >
      > Whoo hooooo!
      >
      > It looks like we've got our skating training organised.
      >
      > We have provisionally arranged for Jimmy Andersson to join us on
      > Monday evenings to take a 4 - 6 week skating course with us and the
      > ladies. Apparently, he has things to do on Sunday evenings, so he
      > reckons he can't make our training session on Sunday. He mentioned
      > something about playing hockey on Sunday evenings....
      >
      > This is the format (subject to it being finally booked with Jimmy):
      >
      > Starting this weekend, Sunday evenings 9.00 to 10.00 will be used for
      > team drills and a scrimmage for the Hyenas AND the ladies. Monday
      > evenings 10.30 to 11.30 will be skating with Jimmy for both teams
      > again. Sundays will be run by our coaches or by one or two of the
      > ladies coaches (Ian Parsons in particular).
      >
      > This arrangement will last for up to 6 weeks although Jimmy is going
      > to be booked for four weeks initially. There is NO additional cost
      > to any of the Hyenas for this extra session. Any expenses will be
      > covered from our funds and the ladies will of course be contributing
      > as well.
      >
      > Remember - On both Sunday and Monday evenings, we will have
      > competition from the Ladies. We don't want to be beaten by them do
      > we? So, we all need to work exceptionally hard.
      >
      > I have been on a course similar to the format that Jimmy is likely to
      > be running. The harder you work, the more benefit you will see from
      > it, so let's all really make it worthwhile and come along expecting
      > to put everything into the skating. As well as improving our own
      > speed and fitness, the whole team will benefit from our dazzling
      > skating style from now on.
      >
      > Lastly, can I ask that we all make the ladies welcome on our ice as
      > I'm sure they will on Monday evenings. If we get on well with this
      > format, we shall be looking to do similar things in the future from
      > time to time. I believe that by working with the ladies team, both
      > teams will benefit from additional ice time and additional coaching
      > expertise.
      >
      > Get those blades sharpened and prepare to skate!

      > -- Peter Hawken, peterhawken@... on 03/10/2001

    • Peter Hawken
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 3, 2001
        It's actually a stagger of Hyenas when we refer to the skating kind.

        And thanks for the flattery and gratitude. It's not warranted
        because I've not done very much towards it other than say yes to the
        ladies. But nonetheless, keep all these nice comments coming. I
        don't care how false they are, they are great for my ego (large and
        growing)

        Pete (ego the size of a planet) Hawken #5

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 4, 2001
          That's just great Rob. You are truly a master in the art of
          gratuitous creeping and sucking up

          On Thu, 4 Oct 2001 09:06:58 +0100, Rob Houlding wrote:
          >Isn't Jimmy Anderrson a bit of an alcoholic...?
          >
          >Oops...sorry.
          >

          >Psssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
          >
          >Actually Peter you are an incredible asset to the team. In the
          >short time
          >since my joining, you have raised above what is considered
          >"adequate" by
          >most standards, excelled your efforts to the status of "exemplary"
          >and above
          >all this maintained an endearing quality of sarcasm and wit rarely
          >matched
          >in others.
          >
          >How's that ego doing...?

          -- Peter Hawken, peterhawken@... on 04/10/2001
        • Rob Houlding

> [...]

            >we? So, we all need to work exceptionally hard.
            >
            >I have been on a course similar to the format that Jimmy is likely
            >be running. The harder you work, the more benefit you will see from
            >it, so let's all really make it worthwhile and come along expecting
            >to put everything into the skating. As well as improving our own
            >speed and fitness, the whole team will benefit from our dazzling
            >skating style from now on.
            >
            >Lastly, can I ask that we all make the ladies welcome on our ice as
            >I'm sure they will on Monday evenings. If we get on well with this
            >format, we shall be looking to do similar things in the future from
            >time to time. I believe that by working with the ladies team, both
            >teams will benefit from additional ice time and additional coaching
            >expertise.
            >
            >Get those blades sharpened and prepare to skate!

            The above information is confidential to the addressee and may be
            privileged. Unauthorised access and use is prohibited.

            Internet communications are not secure and therefore this Company does
            not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.

            distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
            it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

            Hogg Robinson (Travel) Ltd
            Registered Office: Abbey House, 282 Farnborough Road, Farnborough,
            Hampshire GU14 7NJ
            Registered in England and Wales No 1284358
          • mike_rose
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 4, 2001
              Makes me wanna puke! .................bucket! :-)