sundays game

  • Ian Courtney
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 16 5:55 PM
      Hey team

      Thought we all played a great game on sunday, just
      been watching it on video thought we all played well.
      My nose is not much uglier then it was before
      (Charlotte has'nt dumped me yet!) but i went to the
      hospitial anyway and it seems ive damaged the
      cartilege (?) so im screwing my facecage back on!

      You might find the following interesting...

      See you back on the ice soon

      Courtney

      Taken from http://www.clik.to/statesmen

      Not Such a Laugh With Hyenas
      17/7/01 After the incredible result at Basingstoke
      three weeks ago, it was a completely different game at
      Streatham on Sunday evening when the visiting Hyenas
      made the Statesmen fight for a second victory in a
      match which was evenly balanced till the final period.
      It was in deed the visitors who took the lead within a
      minute, which should have sounded the warning lights
      that this wasn't going to be anywhere near the one
      sided previous affair. But it didn't. The Statesmen
      never really gelled as a team on the evening, despite
      the result, when they played in fits and spasms and
      looked nothing like the team efforts seen in recent
      games. Mark Wells scored on the second minute mark to
      level the scores and just into the fourth minute Steve
      Potts put the Statesmens noses in front, only for the
      visitors to equalize in the sixth minute. With four
      goals in six minutes the game settled slightly and the
      only other goal in that period saw the Statesmen once
      again edge ahead when Tony Smith scored his first at
      nearly 14 minutes of play. The second period saw the
      fewest goals with all three coming within a space of
      four minutes midway through the period. Darren Bull
      scored to push the Statesmen two in front, which was
      soon brought back to the single when the Hyenas netted
      in the 31st minute, only for Tyrone Chinnery to
      restore the two goal lead within a minute. The game
      was finally settled in the third period when slowly,
      goals from Neil Sander, Kevin Hawkes and John Cavanagh
      saw the Statesmen creep ahead, a fourth for the Hyenas
      just prior to Tony Smith's second saw the game go out
      as it started with four goals in the last 4 minutes,
      The final goal coming on the stroke of the final
      hooter when Kevin Hawkes netted his second on the
      evening. Once again a good mannered game with our
      friends from Basingstoke and we hope to see them again
      soon. A final big thanks must go to Paul Martin, who
      once again volunteered his services as referee when
      the officials failed to appear.
      Full Match Statistics....

      Period Scores 1 2 3 Total Period Penalties 1 2 3 Total

      Statesmen 3 2 5 10 Statesmen 0 0 0 0
      Hyenas 2 1 2 5 Hyenas 0 0 0 0
      # Name G A Pts PIM
      0 Graham D'Anger 0 0 0 0
      4 Alan Harman 0 0 0 0
      9 John Cavanagh 1 3 4 0
      10 Andy Walsh 0 2 2 0
      11 Michael Baker 0 1 1 0
      13 Steve Potts 1 0 1 0
      16 Tyrone Chinnery 1 2 3 0
      18 Neil Sanders 1 2 3 0
      20 Mark Feehan 0 5 5 0
      22 Darren Bull 1 0 1 0
      28 Mark Wells 1 0 1 0
      69 Kevin Hawkes 2 1 3 0
      72 Tony Smith 2 1 3 0

      they also have the report form the last game on the
      site.

      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • Peter Hawken
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 16 10:05 PM
        Personally, I still can't get over the fact that Ian gets one small
        cut on his nose and suddenly he has his own personal attendant in the
        changing room.

        Ian just had to sit there while his skates were removed, leg guards
        and socks taken off along with the rest of his kit. All this and
        sympathetic noises for him while it was happening! I don't have
        anything against this in principle, but if Ian gets his own assistant
        then I think we should all have a personal aid to help us get changed
        after the game, to massage aching limbs and tell us how well we
        played.

        Any volunteers to fill the posts of changing room assistants should
        get in touch with me by email so that we can allocate them to
        players. Please remember that there are only 17 players in our
        games, so get your application in quick to avoid disappointment.

        (now taking up residence in dreamland)

        On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 17:55:35 -0700 (PDT), Ian Courtney wrote:
        >Hey team
        >
        >Thought we all played a great game on sunday, just
        >been watching it on video thought we all played well.
        >My nose is not much uglier then it was before
        >(Charlotte has'nt dumped me yet!) but i went to the
        >hospitial anyway and it seems ive damaged the
        >cartilege (?) so im screwing my facecage back on!
        >
        >You might find the following interesting...
        >
        >See you back on the ice soon
        >
        >Courtney

        -- Peter Hawken, peterhawken@... on 17/07/2001
      • Paul Nicholls
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 17 7:12 AM
          Pete

          Thanks for this suggestion. I realise there will be a queue of women to
          undress the males in the team - but are we able to put in requests as to
          whom we would prefer - i hear Yasmine Bleethe is quite keen on helping me
          out of my hockey shorts, so I'll wait to give her first refusal.

          Waiting in hope

          Paul #68

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 17 5:08 PM
            Hey Team

            Just got back from trainning with Eastern Star. First
            shift got hit by puck in face cage, thank god i put it
            on.

            Ian "Learnt my lesson" Courtney

            Ps thanks for everybodys concern and help.

            http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
          • linda@iceit.fsbusiness.co.uk
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 28 10:01 PM
              if WE ARE UP FOR IT THERE IS SOME GAMES ON THE ISLE OF WHITE 1st' 2nd OF
              SEPT STAY O VER NIGHT WHAT DO YOU THINK REGARDS MELVIN
              > Thanks for this suggestion. I realise there will be a queue of women to
              > undress the males in the team - but are we able to put in requests as to
              > whom we would prefer - i hear Yasmine Bleethe is quite keen on helping me
              > out of my hockey shorts, so I'll wait to give her first refusal.
              >
              > Waiting in hope
              >
              > Paul #68
              >
              > > From: Peter Hawken <peterhawken@...>
              > > Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 06:05:44 +0100
              > > To: <hyenas@yahoogroups.com>
              > > Subject: Re: [Hyenas] sundays game
              > >
              > > Personally, I still can't get over the fact that Ian gets one small
              > > cut on his nose and suddenly he has his own personal attendant in the
              > > changing room.
              > >
              > > Ian just had to sit there while his skates were removed, leg guards
              > > and socks taken off along with the rest of his kit. All this and
              > > sympathetic noises for him while it was happening! I don't have
              > > anything against this in principle, but if Ian gets his own assistant
              > > then I think we should all have a personal aid to help us get changed
              > > after the game, to massage aching limbs and tell us how well we
              > > played.
              > >
              > > Any volunteers to fill the posts of changing room assistants should
              > > get in touch with me by email so that we can allocate them to
              > > players. Please remember that there are only 17 players in our
              > > games, so get your application in quick to avoid disappointment.

              > > (now taking up residence in dreamland)
              > >
              > > On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 17:55:35 -0700 (PDT), Ian Courtney wrote:
              > >> Hey team
              > >>
              > >> Thought we all played a great game on sunday, just
              > >> been watching it on video thought we all played well.
              > >> My nose is not much uglier then it was before
              > >> (Charlotte has'nt dumped me yet!) but i went to the
              > >> hospitial anyway and it seems ive damaged the
              > >> cartilege (?) so im screwing my facecage back on!
              > >>
              > >> You might find the following interesting...
              > >>
              > >> See you back on the ice soon
              > >>
              > >> Courtney
              > >
              > > -- Peter Hawken, peterhawken@... on 17/07/2001
              > >

              > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • Iain
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 29 2:43 AM
                yep.

                Iain #67

                > if WE ARE UP FOR IT THERE IS SOME GAMES ON THE ISLE OF WHITE 1st' 2nd OF
                > SEPT STAY O VER NIGHT WHAT DO YOU THINK REGARDS MELVIN

              • Kyle Alexander
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 29 9:25 AM

                  Any chance of some more details on this Melvin ? Sounds good to me tho.

                  Kyle.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 29 4:18 PM
                    Im up for it!

                    Ian

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 30 8:51 PM
                      WE WOULD HAVE TO GET IN TOUCH  WITH JULIE AT PETERBOUGH AS THEY MUST KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE  I HAVE,NT THE PHONE NUMBER / /--- Original Message -----
                      Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2001 9:25 AM

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 30 9:02 PM
                        WE WOULD HAVE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH JULIE AT PETERBOUGH  ANYBODY GOT THIS THEN PROCEED AS LONG AS WE HAVE A TEAM----- Original Message -----
                        Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2001 9:25 AM

                        Any chance of some more details on this Melvin ? Sounds good to me tho.

                        Kyle.
                        if  WE ARE UP FOR IT THERE IS SOME GAMES ON THE ISLE OF WHITE 1st' 2nd OF
                        SEPT STAY O VER NIGHT WHAT DO YOU THINK REGARDS MELVIN
                        > Thanks for this suggestion. I realise there will be a queue of women to
                        > undress the males in the team - but are we able to put in requests as to
                        > whom we would prefer - i hear Yasmine Bleethe is quite keen on helping me
                        > out of my hockey shorts, so I'll wait to give her first refusal.
                        >
                        > Waiting in hope
                        >
                        > Paul #68
                        >
                        > > From: Peter Hawken <peterhawken@...>
                        > > Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 06:05:44 +0100
                        > > To: <hyenas@yahoogroups.com>
                        > > Subject: Re: [Hyenas] sundays game
                        > >
                        > > Personally, I still can't get over the fact that Ian gets one small
                        > > cut on his nose and suddenly he has his own personal attendant in the
                        > > changing room.
                        > >
                        > > Ian just had to sit there while his skates were removed, leg guards
                        > > and socks taken off along with the rest of his kit.  All this and
                        > > sympathetic noises for him while it was happening! I don't have
                        > > anything against this in principle, but if Ian gets his own assistant
                        > > then I think we should all have a personal aid to help us get changed
                        > > after the game, to massage aching limbs and tell us how well we
                        > > played.
                        > >
                        > > Any volunteers to fill the posts of changing room assistants should
                        > > get in touch with me by email so that we can allocate them to
                        > > players.  Please remember that there are only 17 players in our
                        > > games, so get your application in quick to avoid disappointment.

                        > > (now taking up residence in dreamland)
                        > >
                        > > On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 17:55:35 -0700 (PDT), Ian Courtney wrote:
                        > >> Hey team
                        > >>
                        > >> Thought we all played a great game on sunday, just
                        > >> been watching it on video thought we all played well.
                        > >> My nose is not much uglier then it was before
                        > >> (Charlotte has'nt dumped me yet!) but i went to the
                        > >> hospitial anyway and it seems ive damaged the
                        > >> cartilege (?) so im screwing my facecage back on!
                        > >>
                        > >> You might find the following interesting...
                        > >>
                        > >> See you back on the ice soon
                        > >>
                        > >> Courtney
                        > >
                        > > -- Peter Hawken, peterhawken@... on 17/07/2001
                        > >

                        > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to