Manchester Flames

  • Paul Nicholls
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2001
      Hi Team

      The game for the 7th of July is now confirmed we will be playing The
      Manchester Flames B Team.

      Team list to date is as follows:

      Manchester Flames, at Basingstoke Ice Rink, Saturday 7th July Face-off
      5.00pm

      1. Paul Nicholls #68 (Centre)
      2. Peter Freitag #66 (C) (Centre)
      3. Iain Friar #67 (Left Wing)
      4. Acton Kilby #33 (Defence)
      5. Dave Murray (Defence)
      6. Mike Rose #?? (Left Wing?)
      7. Lee Spencer #21 (Left Wing)
      8. Darrell Findlay #15 (Right Wing)
      9. Andy Compton #19 (Defence)
      10. Lisa Sherlock #17 (Defence)
      11. Kyle Alexander #9 (Right Wing)
      12. Julia Burns #44 (Left Wing)
      13. Pete Ting (Centre)
      14. Dave Bennett #28 (Right Wing)
      15. John Purcell #91 (Centre)
      16. Rik Dedman #1 (Netminder)
      17. Andy Hartfield #23 (Defence)

      FULL ROSTER ANY FURTHER PLAYERS WILL GO DOWN AS RESERVES
    • Iain
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2001
        Their website is here:
        http://manchesterflames.future.easyspace.com/flash.htm

        It appears that we played them before in '97, which must have been one of
        our first ever games. Does anyone remember what they're like? Their site
        hasn't been updated for some time.

        Iain #67

        + + + Iain says: Get down to the Hyena's Den for Ice Hockey humour now:
        www.hyenas.co.uk + + +
      • andy hartfield
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2001
          Iain,

          We have played them before, can't remember what the score was though (I
          think they won, well there'w a surprise). However, we have improved so much
          since then. Remember when we played the Isle of White Dino's in 97 we lost
          17-2 (our goals coming from 2 Andy Compton slapshots from the blue line).

          I think that they are mostly students from one of the Manchester Uni's

          Andy #23.
          > It appears that we played them before in '97, which must have been one of
          > our first ever games. Does anyone remember what they're like? Their site
          > hasn't been updated for some time.
          >
          > Iain #67
          >
          > + + + Iain says: Get down to the Hyena's Den for Ice Hockey humour now:
          > www.hyenas.co.uk + + +

        • Peter Hawken
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 8, 2001
            As no one else has written yet, I thought I would start the back
            slapping session....

            I reckon we had a great game against some very good players. We
            played better than we have for a long time and played like a team as
            well.

            It was unfortunate that Manchester seemed to be able to take
            advantage of the very smallest opportunities - we certainly never
            gave them any wide open chances.

            Well done to Scott for picking up the man of the match award and the
            only goal for us. A few more like that would be good Scott! Also
            congratulations to Stevie B for collecting the Spirit of the game.
            It was well deserved even thought there were several people who could
            quite easily have been given the award.

            Also, to Lee, for enforcing so well! Sadly, I think that I have now
            lost my place as the team goon. Try as I might, I couldn't pick up a
            single penalty and yet Lee could get them with ease. Please - show
            me how you do it Lee.

            Finally, a huge thank you to the youngster who took on the off ice
            positions: Nick Compton, Tom Findlay, Natz, Ross and one other from
            Manchester who was the second goal judge. Personally, I think it's
            great to see the junior players willing to give something back to the
            game like this. I should also thank Pat and Gwen, who are in the
            habit of sitting on the penalty bench at home games now, filling in
            the game sheet and the other paperwork that goes with every home
            game.
            -- Peter Hawken, peterhawken@... on 08/07/2001