Training tonight

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 30, 2013
      Yo!

      I can't make training tonight but make sure that we work on the basics that we were weak on in the last game to give us the best possible chance against Guildford next week.

      Defensive:

      1.  Don't over commit to your check - make sure at the very least that you stay between your check and the goal.

      2.  Forecheck their puck carrier with speed from the middle, pushing them to outside - don't follow them in behind the goal and end up behind them (out of the play altogether)

      3.  Those of you playing D, make sure that you push up the ice and come back with them - don't give them a run at you.

      Offensive:

      1.  Make sure we are doing our jobs breaking out our zone - wingers on the boards, centre curling through the middle & calling the play.

      2.  Drive wide entering their zone - one player support the puck carrier, the other drives the net CREATING THAT TRIANGLE.

      3.  Don't try to beat people up the middle of the ice - the puck carrier is key to us entering the zone and setting up for scoring chances.

      4.  DO NOT ENTER THE ZONE FLAT ACROSS THREE LANES.

      5.  On the powerplay don't change a thing about how we should be breaking out and entering their zone.  Our heads go when we have the extra man and I have no idea why.

      General:

      TALK out there - last game was like being on a team of mutes.

      See you all next week.