Re: [Hyenas] Hotel Accommodation - Swindon Tournament 18th/19th May

  • Michael Currie
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 28, 2013
      Thanks, when will we know if we are selected to play?

      On Sunday, 28 April 2013, Sarah-Jane wrote:

      Hello all

      I have been looking up options for accommodation in Swindon on 18th May for our Tournament and the best I can come up with is for the Premier Inn - Swindon West.

      We stayed there the last tournament and it was good in the respect that it had it's own Beefeater pub and just opposite was a McDonalds and Subway and the rooms were nice and very comfy.

      The saver (non refundable) room rate is just £39 if you book ASAP.

      I did check the DeVere (opposite rink) and their room rate is £72, so quite a bit different.

      I have already booked the Premier Inn and if you do the same and let me know I will organise a table for a team meal and some bevvies that night (my birthday weekend too).

      The link for the hotel is :

      http://www.premierinn.com/en/search!execute.action

      Please get on and book as I know some of you left it too late last time and had to get taxis etc...

      See you at training, any questions just ask.

      SJ

      Sent from my iPad

      Recent Activity:
        MARKETPLACE

      • Sarah
        Message 2 of 6 , Apr 28, 2013
          Committee.,     Is there any chance we can find out if we are playing sooner for this one, so people can book accommodation and organise their weekend.?

          Regards.   SJ

          Sent from my iPhone

[...]

          • James Bone
            Message 3 of 6 , Apr 29, 2013
              Guys n Gals ....

              text going out today regarding the tournament so you'll know by end of play today as i've just spoken to scoots

              James

              CC: Hyenas@yahoogroups.com
              To: Hyenas@yahoogroups.com

                Message 4 of 6 , Apr 29, 2013
                  Hi,

                  If people are still looking for hotels the Holiday Inn Express (Swindon West) had rooms for £38 (up to 4 people) including breakfast.  It its the opposite side of the dual carriageway from the Premier Inn West.

                  To: hyenas@yahoogroups.com

                    Message 5 of 6 , Apr 29, 2013
                      Hi Tanya

                      I have stayed at the Hilton Express and it is not that good.  That's how come I recommended we book the Premier Inn.   Last time I stayed at the Hilton Express we all walked to the Beefeater to have a drink and nice meal.

                      There isn't a restaurant or bar either.,  they will microwave you a curry and you can have it in a lounge room.,

                      The breakfasts are a bit like being given a packed lunch too.

                      The Premier Inn is £39 for a family room.,  although this doesn't include breakfast the Double Egg & Bacon McMuffins from McD's were pretty good.  Lol

                      It would be good if we all book the same hotel so we can have drinks and get drunk together .  Lol

                      SJ

                      Only problem with the express is that

                      Sent from my iPhone

                      To: hyenas@yahoogroups.com