Fwd: Can you believe...

  • Sarah
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2013

    Sent from my iPhone

    Begin forwarded message:

    From: "Andrew Ewbank" <andyewbank@...>
    Date: 24 February 2013 22:37:44 GMT
    To: "Andrew Ewbank" <andyewbank@...>
    Cc: "Helen Timpany" <helen_timpany@...>, "Andrew Peart" <andrew.peart02@...>, "David Arthur" <djarthurarchitect@...>, "'Richard & Helen Cain'" <helen.cain@...>, "chris roberts" <ccfa.buckhaven@...>, "Nick Gibbons" <mara@...>
    Subject: Can you believe...

    ...that it was nearly 3 years ago that 44 of us cycled from Hartley Wintney to Paris, collectively raising a fantastic sum of £50,000 for the new St John’s Church Centre.

    Who remembers descending that steep hill into Portsmouth, then the fish and chips waiting for the ferry? Or the 6am start off the ferry by the Normandy beaches and Pegasus bridge?
    Or the long, straight French roads, the sun on your back, the refreshment breaks in gorgeous fields and crazy city centres?
    Or cycling past the triumphant Palace of Versailles and crossing the line at the Eiffel Tower?

    Again, we thank you all so much for your efforts on that occasion.

    We’re pleased to report that the building work started last April and it is due to be completed this Summer.

    However, we still need to raise some more money...