Re: [Hyenas] Training and general team conduct

  • Rhys Jordan
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 26, 2013
      Hi guys

      I definitely agree with everything fenno has said I will not be at training tomorrow as will be in Dublin.

      But this will be the same every training session scrimmage is a luxury and will only be offered when I feel or who ever is coaching at the time feels it is deserved.

      Many Thanks

      Rhys Jordan

      38 Osborne Close,
      Oakridge,
      Basingstoke,
      Hampshire,
      RG21 5TS

      Call: 07590038806

      On 26 Jan 2013, at 14:58, Ian Fenton <fenno94@...> wrote:

      Hi All,

      There will not be a scrimmage in tomorrow night's session - it will be all drills

      These will be relevant to what we have been poor on since the previous home loss to the RAF before Christmas (and before).

      We will be doing a skating punishment if the drills get messed up - then we will go back to the same drill until we get it right.

      Anyone planning on whining about doing drills, not having scrimmage time or putting in any less than 100% effort will be better off staying home.

      Sunday nights 9-10pm are training sessions for the Basingstoke Hyenas Ice Hockey Team and it's players, not a glorified stick & puck session for players to mess about and wreck the session for other players trying to improve.  Anyone delibertely disrupting training will be ejected from that session.

      Anyone not willing to put in the time and effort to improve both this team and themselves as players should go to stick & puck or join another team.

      No stupid replies to this mail please.

      Fenno

    • carl.sinclair81

        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 26, 2013
          Lost 12-3

            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 29, 2013
              Are you suggesting we take part in the world champs?

              Sent from Samsung Mobile

              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 29, 2013

                lol thought it was 13/3 eh twas only a bit of fun though!!!!!

                To: Hyenas@yahoogroups.com
                From: carl.sinclair81@...
                Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 12:41:47 +0000

                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 31, 2013

                  Hi all,

                  I have no problem with Fenno's words and the training session on Sunday was absolutely fine.

                  Rhys, I understand where you are coming from but I would just like to remind everybody of the following.

                  This club is run by the committee for its members and should always follow the wishes of the members. We are also a development club in the rec section and not a league club. Everybody gets the same opportunities and winning games must be the aim for everybody but it is not the top goal to be achieved by this club.

                  How we structure our training sessions is largely down to the head coach but it should also be in line with the wishes of the majority within the club.

                  If everybody is happy to train hard and only have scrimmage when it is deserved as defined by the coach that's fine by me as long as the majority is happy with that.

                  If anybody feels this is not what they expect from this club I would like to give them the opportunity to say so rather than put up with it and then moan behind the scene.

                  At the end of the day the coach needs to have guide lines from the club for him to know he is going in the right direction and he should do what the majority wants.

                  So far I feel Rhys has done an excellent job and raised the level of most of us which results last year have shown.

                  Any views??

                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 2, 2013
                      Yes Jon - grrrr

                      From: jonathan taylor <Yes.Jon@...>
                      Sender: Hyenas@yahoogroups.com
                      Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 14:14:44 +0000
                      To: Hyenas@yahoogroups.com<Hyenas@yahoogroups.com>
                      ReplyTo: Hyenas@yahoogroups.com

                      I agree with Fenno it shouldn't be a glorified stick & puck session. At the same time a lot of us are there to learn something, training last Sunday was quite productive & drills help those of us that wish to understand the game better, understand the game better!.
                      I don't have a problem with hard training but some people; who aren't able to a regular commitment, have taken punishment for reasons they were unaware of or didn't deserve. We all join a rec team to have fun & develop/improve skills or just keep on playing a game we enjoy. Lets enjoy it.
                      I'd like to add scrimmage can be a good idea because it should be used to improve game play but it does need to be managed.

                      Sent from JT

                    • jonathan taylor

                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 2, 2013
                          I'd also like to agree with Peter, we are not a league team so these issues should be discussed as a team.

                          Sent from my iPad