Re: [Hyenas] Fwd: Southern Development Cup update 2

    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 1, 2012
      It's all in the EIHA rules for the cup on the attached link lofty.

      On 1 Sep 2012, at 00:48, Lofty <mattlofthouse@...> wrote:

      Im up for it,
      Question
      Can we clarify exactly what level of ability its limited too ? Incase we have players sent home, like poor old paul ewins at swindon comp ?
      Cheers
      And thanks for the hard work graham
      :)
      Xxx

      Sent from my iPhone 4

      On 31 Aug 2012, at 19:36, Graham Woolford <grahamwoolford@...> wrote:

      Hi Guys

      Just had a call from one of the guys at Slough Scorpions asking if we would be interested in joining in the below regional cup comp that has been put together as there is one please left in the group with MK storm wreck, Oxford Shooting Stars & Solent & Gosport Spartons so all reasonably local teams.
      Good you please let me know ASAP if this is something you think we as a team want to join in with so I can get back to them ASAP and star making game arrangements etc.
      The details are as below and as you can see it is based on a rec level with no ex league players etc so should be a good competitive level.

      Cheers
      Graham

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: "sdc@..." <sdc@...>
      Date: 31 August 2012 19:27:28 GMT+01:00
      To: "grahamwoolford@..." <grahamwoolford@...>
      Subject: Fwd: Southern Development Cup update 2

      Hi Graham here is the upto date information I said I would send out to you.

      The following link is to the EIHA approved rules for the cup.
      http://beerleague.co.uk/docs/The_Southern_Development_Cup_V3-4.pdf
      Again any questions I'm around!

      Thanks,

      Chris

      Contact/non contact? Non Contact

      Competing Teams:
      Slough Scorpions
      HMPS Tornadoes
      London Legion
      Guildford Smoke

      Milton Keynes Storm Wreck
      Oxford City Shooting Stars
      Solent & Gosport Spartons
      To Be Confirmed

      Cup Bio:

      The SDC Cup is a tournament-based challenge aimed at beginner and intermediate ice hockey players. For those of you who are in the EIHA Southern Conference tournament already, it will run much along those lines. The difference being that the SDC Cup is intended to play your registered players that don’t get the tournament ice-time during the higher level competition that s the Southern Conference Cup.

      Teams will be restricted in not playing any exED1, exED2, ex EPHL level or higher players, as well as any player who has played internationally for their own country (See the cup rules for more information). We are looking for true beginners and intermediate level players That is not to say that some more advanced players may not participate. Those players who have played organised ice hockey (under 16s, under 18s etc at club level) are welcome also. However, the idea is to keep the newer or lesser-skilled players interested in ice hockey for longer by giving them game time in a tournament. They will hopefully be more enthusiastic and more likely to progress their skills.

      Hi all another update.
      We are still one team short on the "West" side of the cup which we hope to have an answer for this week.  I shall send out another email in the next few days with the game schedule for the "West" but for now here is the schedule for the "East"

      Also can I remind everyone I need your signed returned copy of the rules along with the £25 entry fee ASAP as we have already brought the first of the silver ware! We shall also let you know what other award will be up for grabs soon.

      I'll send out a picture of the Cup after we have collected it this weekend.

      The website with authorised players etc will also be up early next week. Again I will let you know when it's up.

      Proposed game schedule
      (First team mentioned is to be the home team)

      East:

      Saturday 15th September
      Guildford Smoke vs London Legion

      Sunday 16th September
      Slough Scorpions vs HMPS Tornado

      Wednesday 18th October
      London Legion vs HPMS Tornado

      Saturday 20th October
      Guildford Smoke vs Slough Scorpions

      Weekend 27/28 October Ice dependant
      HMPS Tornado vs Guildford Smoke

      Sunday 28th October
      Slough Scorpions vs London Legion

      Weekend 3/4 November Ice dependant
      HMPS Tornado vs London Legion

      Wednesday 7th November
      London Legion vs Slough Scorpions

      Saturday 10th November
      Guildford Smoke vs HMPS Tornado

      Sunday 18th November
      Slough Scorpions vs Guildford Smoke

      Weekend 24/25 November Ice dependant
      HMPS Tornado vs Slough Scorpions

      Wednesday 28th November
      London Legion vs Guildford Smoke

      Play offs to take place over December and January

      Please let me know ASAP if your tram is unavailable for any of the game dates!

      Please address cheques to:
      Mr C J Hammersley

      And send to:

      72 Christchurch Dive,
      Blackwater,
      Camberley,
      Surrey,
      GU17 0HH

      Thanks again for your patience with getting the cup going and as usual if you have any questions buzz me an email or phone call.

      Chris Hammersley
      SDC Organiser

      07915266154

    • luke dacosta

          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 1, 2012

            Hi Graham

            I have just read the 'rules' and  under the 'restricted players' bit it states that women who have played premier women's or international cannot play unless they have permission, and it goes on to say who to contact to ask and put your case forward.

            Would that be possible for me?  Could you state I'm old  42, decrepid and can't score for toffee.  It's been over 2 years since I've played women's premier and probably about 15 years since international.

            Appreciate if you could put a case forward., as id love to play this.

            Thank you

            SJ. X

            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 3, 2012
              yes i'm in .hope we can get into it

[...]