Re: [Hyenas] Chelmsford Game & ladies

  • Peter Hawken
    Message 1 of 22 , May 9, 2001
      We have the Cougars session if we want it on Sunday, so as soon as we
      hear from the ladies, we can book two hours.

      Peter #5

      -- Peter Hawken, peterhawken@... on 05/10/2001
    • darrell.findlay@jwp.com
      Message 2 of 22 , May 10, 2001
        Scott, if you need a lift let me know and I'll pick you up from the rink.
        I'm going with Pete Freitag. My home number is 01256 462276.

        Regards

        Darrell Findlay
        National Account Manager Retail

        Peter Hawken
        <peterhawken@speakea To: <hyenas@yahoogroups.com>
        sy.uk.net> cc:
        Subject: Re: [Hyenas] Chelmsford Game & ladies
        10/05/01 04:49
        Please respond to
        Hyenas

        Two changes to the line up that I know of:

        Scott wants to play if someone can give him a lift there and back.
        Any volunteers?

        Rik Dedman has asked to play out, so he becomes one more forward for
        the line up. It's going to be interesting to see how our netminder
        copes with being a real hockey player for a change!!!!

        Also, I haven't yet had confirmation that the Ladies will be playing
        us on Sunday, but the indication is that they will. Watch this space
        for confirmation later this evening

        Peter #5

        Message 3 of 22 , May 10, 2001
          Scott you can grab a lift with me and Pete Freitag. Give me a call on
          Basingstoke 462276 and we will organise times. I guess we should head for
          around 8.15-8.30ish.

        • Kyle J Alexander
          Message 4 of 22 , May 10, 2001

            I'm up for a match on Sunday as well.

            Kyle #9

            Message 5 of 22 , May 10, 2001
              Hey All

              Im up for playing in the ladies game (altough i might have to leave
              early for the last train!)... does anyone know if the match will
              start earlier then 9 o'clock?

              Also, who else is thinking about doing their level 1?

              sorry I'm not at training tonight, over did it yesterday playing that
              crap sport of football!

              Courtney # 72

              > 13. Tony Bayliss #11 (Centre)
              > 14. Lisa Sherlock # (Defence)
              >
              > So, those of you who read the e-mails will probably have seen that a
              > challenge has been drawn up against the Bison Ladies team this
              Sunday (13th
              > May), always a fun game, who's up for it. 2 matches in two days -
              should be
              > interesting! E-mail me if you want to play.
              >
              > All the best
              >
              > Paul #68
            • andy hartfield
              Message 6 of 22 , May 10, 2001
                I am up for Sunday night, see you then!
                Good luck to you all on Saturday night, I will be thinking off you (well at
                least until I have drunk myself unconcious).

                > Im up for playing in the ladies game (altough i might have to leave
                > early for the last train!)... does anyone know if the match will
                > start earlier then 9 o'clock?
                >
                > Also, who else is thinking about doing their level 1?
                >
                > sorry I'm not at training tonight, over did it yesterday playing that
                > crap sport of football!
                >
                > Courtney # 72
                >

                > > 13. Tony Bayliss #11 (Centre)
                > > 14. Lisa Sherlock # (Defence)
                > >
                > > So, those of you who read the e-mails will probably have seen that a
                > > challenge has been drawn up against the Bison Ladies team this
                > Sunday (13th
                > > May), always a fun game, who's up for it. 2 matches in two days -
                > should be
                > > interesting! E-mail me if you want to play.
                > >
                > > All the best
                > >
                > > Paul #68

              • Iain
                Message 7 of 22 , May 10, 2001
                  The ladies game - is a game or a scrimmage?

                  Iain #67
                  (who is absent from training tonight due to a dose of the trots. One day, I
                  WILL make thursday training!)
                  > Updated roster for Saturday (12 skaters (mostly D) plus 2 netminders, not
                  > quite 3 lines!):
                  >
                  > Chelmsford Chargers, at Chelmsford Ice Rink, 12th May Face-off
                  10.45-11.00pm

                  > 1. Paul Nicholls # 68 (Centre)
                  > 2. Peter Hawken #5 (Defence)
                  > 3. Peter Freitag #66 (C) (Centre)
                  > 4. Ian Courtney #72 (Defence)
                  > 5. Rik Dedman (Netminder)
                  > 6. Nick Foreman #40 (Netminder)
                  > 7. Iain Friar #67 (Left Wing)
                  > 8. Steve Boardman #13 (Defence)
                  > 9. Dave Murray (Defence)
                  > 10. Pete Ting (Right Wing)
                  > 11. Darrell Findlay #15 (Right Wing)
                  > 12. Kyle Alexander #9 (Defence)
                  > 13. Tony Bayliss #11 (Centre)
                  > 14. Lisa Sherlock # (Defence)
                  >
                  > So, those of you who read the e-mails will probably have seen that a
                  > challenge has been drawn up against the Bison Ladies team this Sunday
                  (13th
                  > May), always a fun game, who's up for it. 2 matches in two days - should
                  be
                  > interesting! E-mail me if you want to play.
                  >
                  > All the best
                  >
                  > Paul #68

                • Iain
                  Message 8 of 22 , May 10, 2001
                    I can give Scott a lift, if gets in touch - 355239.
                    Theres space for one more in the car if anyone else wants a lift.

                  • rspencer@euphony.net
                    Message 9 of 22 , May 10, 2001
                      I am up for Sunday night.

                      Lee #21

                      --- In Hyenas@y..., Paul Nicholls <paul.nicholls@v...> wrote:
                      > > So, those of you who read the e-mails will probably have seen
                      that a
                      > challenge has been drawn up against the Bison Ladies team this
                      Sunday (13th
                      > May), always a fun game, who's up for it. 2 matches in two days -
                      should be
                      > interesting! E-mail me if you want to play.
                      >
                      > All the best
                      >
                      > Paul #68
                    • Peter Hawken
                      Message 10 of 22 , May 11, 2001
                        With the amount of notice we have for this one, it has to be a
                        scrimmage. We're not too sure if the ladies will have enough
                        players, so one or two of us might also be playing for them.

                        It should be a good natured game as usual so there shouldn't be any
                        need for refs to break up the fights

                        -- Peter Hawken, peterhawken@... on 05/11/2001
                        Message 11 of 22 , May 11, 2001
                          Paul,

                          I am also up for the ladies game on Sunday.

                          Peter #66

                        • DaveBennett@kingston-technology.com
                          Message 12 of 22 , May 11, 2001
                            I should be OK for the Sunday game...(If I get enough sleep!)

                            Dave Bennett
                            Kingston Technology Europe Ltd
                            Tel- 01932 738928
                            Fax- 01932 738806
                            Mobile 07765 220281
                            Email DBennett@...

                            "Peter Freitag"
                            <peter@... To: <Hyenas@yahoogroups.com>
                            rve.co.uk> cc:
                            05/11/01 10:13 AM
                            Please respond to
                            Hyenas

                            Subject: [Hyenas]
[...]

                            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                          • darrell.findlay@jwp.com
                            Message 13 of 22 , May 11, 2001
                              Thanks Ian, I'm taking Scott in my car with Pete Freitag. See you
                              Saturday.

                              Regards

                              Darrell

                              "Iain"
                              <ifriar@... To: <Hyenas@yahoogroups.com>
                              rve.co.uk> cc:
                              10/05/01 22:33
                              Please respond to
                              Hyenas

                              Message 14 of 22 , May 14, 2001
                                so did we win last night?
                                Message 15 of 22 , May 14, 2001
                                  Ian,

                                  we lost 12:3 at Chelmsford. Not sure what the final outcome with the ladies was but as there were more Hyenas on the ladies team then ladies its really immaterial.

                                  I think fun was had by all.

                                  Peter #66
                                  Message 16 of 22 , May 14, 2001
                                    You call that fun... well it was until Pete Frieteg tripped me in
                                    open ice. That unprovoked act of violence spoiled an otherwise good
                                    game. It was obvious that he had paid off the Referee and then
                                    strutted back to his own bench, seeking the protection of the herd.
                                    No wonder Chelmsford was after you...Goon!!! :)

                                    --- In Hyenas@y..., "Peter Freitag" <peter@f...> wrote:
                                    > Ian,
                                    >
                                    > we lost 12:3 at Chelmsford. Not sure what the final outcome with
                                    the ladies was but as there were more Hyenas on the ladies team then
                                    ladies its really immaterial.

                                    > I think fun was had by all.
                                    >
                                    > Peter #66

                                    Service.
                                    Message 17 of 22 , May 14, 2001
                                      Now here is the pot calling the kettle black! Who tripped who first!? As for hiding....I was on the ice long enough after the said "offence" but we both laughed as I recall it.

                                      Anyhow if you didn't have fun you must be sad and as a team member I wouldn't dream of calling you names.

                                      See you at the next training session. Oh by the way, you could have at least tried to spell my name correctly...

                                      Your Captain
                                      You call that fun... well it was until Pete Frieteg tripped me in
                                      open ice.  That unprovoked act of violence spoiled an otherwise good
                                      game.  It was obvious that he had paid off the Referee and then
                                      strutted back to his own bench, seeking the protection of the herd.
                                      No wonder Chelmsford was after you...Goon!!! :)

                                      --- In Hyenas@y..., "Peter Freitag" <peter@f...> wrote:
                                      > Ian,
                                      >
                                      > we lost 12:3 at Chelmsford. Not sure what the final outcome with
                                      the ladies was but as there were more Hyenas on the ladies team then
                                      ladies its really immaterial.

                                      > I think fun was had by all.
                                      >
                                      > Peter #66

                                      Service.

                                    • rspencer@euphony.net
                                      Message 18 of 22 , May 14, 2001
                                        And I'm still laughing!

                                        --- In Hyenas@y..., "Peter Freitag" <peter@f...> wrote:
                                        > Now here is the pot calling the kettle black! Who tripped who
                                        first!? As for hiding....I was on the ice long enough after the
                                        said "offence" but we both laughed as I recall it.

                                        > Anyhow if you didn't have fun you must be sad and as a team member
                                        I wouldn't dream of calling you names.

                                        > See you at the next training session. Oh by the way, you could have
                                        at least tried to spell my name correctly...

                                        > Your Captain

                                        Service.
                                      • Peter Hawken
                                        Message 19 of 22 , May 14, 2001
                                          Lee

                                          How can you possibly call Pete F a goon? I thought that was my job,
                                          although I have to apologise to the team for not getting a single
                                          penalty in 5 games. I'll try harder next time.

                                          And what about your act of violence.... firing a puck at my foot at
                                          that sort of speed!!!!!

                                          Crippled of Basingstoke

                                          -- Peter Hawken, peterhawken@... on 05/15/2001